Installing latest S/W on an ILEC SN10-B

Old April 29th 17, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Installing latest S/W on an ILEC SN10-B

I have an SN10-B with a USB Adapter that has not been used for several years. I may have made it inoperable by trying to load the latest S/w and a Database. When I turn it on now, all I get is a blank screen akin to the "Blue-Screen of Death".
What are the right files I need to have on the root directory of the USB stick to get the SN10-B to load? Is there a sequence I need to feed/install the files? Do I need to have the latest for the USB Adapter, the SN10-B, and the Airspace-related files all on the same stick at the root directory?
Old April 30th 17, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 6:02:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I have an SN10-B with a USB Adapter that has not been used for several years. I may have made it inoperable by trying to load the latest S/w and a Database. When I turn it on now, all I get is a blank screen akin to the "Blue-Screen of Death".
What are the right files I need to have on the root directory of the USB stick to get the SN10-B to load? Is there a sequence I need to feed/install the files? Do I need to have the latest for the USB Adapter, the SN10-B, and the Airspace-related files all on the same stick at the root directory?

Had a similar thing happen last year and I contacted Dave Nadler. He assured me that the SN10B will recover - give it time - and it did. As long as all files are in the root directory of your USB stick, the instrument will sort it out by itself. Just make sure you are loading the files for the 'B'-model.
Uli
'AS'
Old April 30th 17, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well, I gave it about 10 minutes, so I'll confirm I have the B-files and give it another shot. The "screen of death" looks like a gray hash is spread all over the screen. It's not just a blank screen as though the unit has no power.
What's the process for contacting Nadler? If I have no luck I may need to as well.
Old April 30th 17, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 2:43:57 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Well, I gave it about 10 minutes, so I'll confirm I have the B-files and give it another shot. The "screen of death" looks like a gray hash is spread all over the screen. It's not just a blank screen as though the unit has no power.
What's the process for contacting Nadler? If I have no luck I may need to as well.

Yep - that's what my screen looked like, too and it took almost 30 minutes to recover. It has been working very well ever since. My crash was caused by an impatient friend who wanted to update the unit but ripped the USB stick out about half way through the process.

Go to http://www.nadler.com/sn10/SN10_Resource_Index.html

Dave's email address is at the very bottom in the left corner.

Good luck,

Uli
'AS'
Old May 10th 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 3:32:04 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 2:43:57 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Well, I gave it about 10 minutes, so I'll confirm I have the B-files and give it another shot. The "screen of death" looks like a gray hash is spread all over the screen. It's not just a blank screen as though the unit has no power.
What's the process for contacting Nadler? If I have no luck I may need to as well.

Yep - that's what my screen looked like, too and it took almost 30 minutes to recover. It has been working very well ever since. My crash was caused by an impatient friend who wanted to update the unit but ripped the USB stick out about half way through the process.

Go to http://www.nadler.com/sn10/SN10_Resource_Index.html

Dave's email address is at the very bottom in the left corner.

Good luck,

Uli
'AS'

Your advice was right on. I just had to wait a little longer.

Thanks for encouraging the patience.
Old May 10th 17, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 10:42:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Glad it worked out! The SN10B is a very robust instrument which will serve me for a good while longer.
Uli
'AS'
Old May 10th 17, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

How hard would it have been for the programmer to include in the update
a message on the screen saying something like, "Please be patient, this
may take up to 30 minutes."? Or at least put a similar message on the
download site next to the "Download" button.

--
Dan, 5J
Old May 11th 17, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 10:13:49 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
How hard would it have been for the programmer to include in the update
a message on the screen saying something like, "Please be patient, this
may take up to 30 minutes."? Or at least put a similar message on the
download site next to the "Download" button.

I guess one can't have it all ...

Uli
AS

ILEC SN10 and repeater FS nimbus[_2_] Soaring 0 June 13th 13 10:57 PM
Ilec SN10 K Soaring 1 September 15th 12 03:16 AM
Ilec SN10 question Dan Goldman Soaring 0 February 21st 11 12:07 AM
ILEC SN10 release 2.35 Dave Nadler Soaring 7 March 27th 10 08:46 PM
ILEC SN10 release 2.33 available Dave Nadler Soaring 2 July 24th 09 02:22 PM