Airforce One

Old September 4th 04, 05:50 AM
wingsnaprop

Default Airforce One

When President. Bush was in Dayton Ohio on Saturday a week ago, I
managed ( Because I work at the Airport ) to get close enough to
get some pretty good pictures of Airforce One!

http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/DSC00158.JPG
http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/DSC00183.JPG
Old September 4th 04, 07:02 AM
JStONGE123

wWho is that ugly guy in your pic. :-)

just funnin ya. Great shots.

The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow. A nice warm vibratey feeling all
through your guttiwuts.
Old September 4th 04, 03:34 PM
Raoul

In article , JStONGE123
wrote:

wWho is that ugly guy in your pic. :-)

Yeah, I've always thought W was kind of a dorky lookin' guy but I
didn't realize he was *that* bad!

thanks for the photos! Pretty cool.

raoul

Old September 4th 04, 09:18 PM
John Mullen

"Raoul" wrote in message
In article , JStONGE123
wrote:

wWho is that ugly guy in your pic. :-)

Yeah, I've always thought W was kind of a dorky lookin' guy but I
didn't realize he was *that* bad!

thanks for the photos! Pretty cool.

In the first photo, is that an IR decoy on the tail? The little green thing?

John

Old September 4th 04, 11:49 PM
Merlin Dorfman

JStONGE123 wrote:
wWho is that ugly guy in your pic. :-)

just funnin ya. Great shots.

Yes, very nice pictures, but I'm surprised that even an airport
employee would be allowed that close.

Old September 4th 04, 11:54 PM
Guy Alcala

John Mullen wrote:

In the first photo, is that an IR decoy on the tail? The little green thing?

Or a laser jammer or a MAWS. Not what also appear to be RWR antennas and
probably RF jammers below the APC exhaust and on either side of the tail cone.
And also look at the rear end of each engine pylon, just below the wing.
Jammers for sure in those positions. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some
decoy dispensers somewhere as well.

Guy

Old September 5th 04, 01:23 PM
The Snake

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:49:59 +0000 (UTC), Merlin Dorfman
wrote:

Yes, very nice pictures, but I'm surprised that even an airport
employee would be allowed that close.

He was not as close as you think - he had a reasonable zoom lens.

Old September 5th 04, 01:54 PM
Pooh Bear

wrote:

Yes, very nice pictures, but I'm surprised that even an airport
employee would be allowed that close.

He was not as close as you think - he had a reasonable zoom lens.

You know this how ?

Maybe on its wide-angle setting.

Graham

Old September 5th 04, 02:32 PM
The Snake

wrote:

Yes, very nice pictures, but I'm surprised that even an airport
employee would be allowed that close.

He was not as close as you think - he had a reasonable zoom lens.

You know this how ?

Look at the pix - first one obviously on a reasonably high zoom
setting and a long way from the aircraft. Trained eye can pick this
even without resorting to EXIF.

Maybe on its wide-angle setting.

Second one yes - but he is still nowhere close to the actual aircraft.
And there are at least two pair of large boots packing heat
immediately behind the black SUV to guarentee he ain't gonna get much
closer.
Old September 5th 04, 10:14 PM
Pooh Bear

wrote:

The Snake wrote:

He was not as close as you think - he had a reasonable zoom lens.

You know this how ?

Look at the pix - first one obviously on a reasonably high zoom
setting and a long way from the aircraft. Trained eye can pick this
even without resorting to EXIF.

Obviously ?

How well versed are you in photography.

Telephoto lenses are well-known for low depth of field ( physics here - not
lens quality ), yet the terminal buildings in the distance are in reasonably
good focus.

Sure doesn't look like a telephoto setting to me.

Maybe on its wide-angle setting.

Second one yes - but he is still nowhere close to the actual aircraft.
And there are at least two pair of large boots packing heat
immediately behind the black SUV to guarentee he ain't gonna get much
closer.

Maybe the OP can enlighten us ?

Graham