Bmapper Map Capture

Old April 22nd 10, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave White

Default Bmapper Map Capture

I've tried several times to capture a map of north Texas from SeeYou
by carefully following the directions contained in Bmapper. However,
all I get is a blank screen in Bmapper when I select what appears to
be a successfully selected area map. I think the instructions in
Bmapper may be incomplete--it appears that you must perform the
capture attempt with raster maps displayed, but I'm not sure. I also
wonder what type of raster map must be displayed in SeeYou for this
capture attempt to be successful. The Bmapper website has no tech
support (understandably so for a free and much-appreciated program),
so I'm asking the group!
Old April 23rd 10, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RN

I have had success displaying the vector map on SeeYou, starting
Bmapper and following the instructions on the dialog boxes after
clicking the Capture New Background Map button.

Some Bmapper instructions will then appear in a box along the top of
the SeeYou screen. Basically place the cursor in the upper left
corner, leave it there until you record the lat/lon and then enter the
requested data in the dialog boxes, next you will be instructed to
move it to the lower right corner and leave it there until you record
the lat/lon and then enter the lat/lon data in the dialog boxes.
(note: be sure to include a "-" minus sign in front of the lon
number). Then just answer the questions, file name, circle size, Dr.
Jack location.

I am not an expert and it took a few tries, but this worked for me. I
hope this helps.

This is a great program and Dale Kramer certainly deserves a lot of
credit for making it widely available on a no charge basis.

John