Leaving the community

Old November 4th 04, 01:43 AM
Mike Rapoport

What is your point supposed to be?

Mike
MU-2

"Peter MacPherson" wrote in message
news4cid.564741$8_6.102644@attbi_s04...
Good riddance, hope you enjoy France.

Old November 4th 04, 01:58 AM
J Haggerty

Cecil Chapman wrote:

If there is any hope for our country, it will be when people learn to
abandon their mindless following of party affiliation and do as I (and
others) do; simply vote for the best man/woman for the job.

I did! He won!

JPH
Old November 4th 04, 02:03 AM
Cecil Chapman

I'm a pro-life, pro-gun, low-tax Republican living in Boston,
Massachusetts

Is the carnage that takes place in an unnecessary war like Iraq, pro-life?
Is there something I don't know and are their pro-life bullets and bombs
that don't kill? Oh wait,,, you DO believe in killing,,,, or don't you???
Oh wait,,, I get it,,,, only if it allows you to control the actions of
women,,, no problem,,, REALLY I understand, now.

51% of this country did not vote for fascism

Then please tell me what 'HOMELAND' (sounds like FATHERland) to me and the
Patriot Act are about. Let's not forget the TSA, an agency that can put law
into place WITHOUT POSSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC COMMENT. Tell me what detaining
individuals at G. Bay, for close to two years without even telling them what
they are being accused of and not allowing them access to attorneys sounds
like? (this of course is changing due to court challenges). I'm pretty sure
we pledge, "With liberty and justice for ALL",,, that's what I remember,
Jay. Do you do a different Pledge of Allegiance in Iowa?

gay sex a part of grade-school curricula.

When grade schoolers study traditional marriage in their schools, do those
courses talk about the various sexual positions the man and women get in,
and who gets to be on-top and the like? Of course, not. Mentioning that
Paul may love Sandy or Sandy may Love Jill and be a couple is all that's
mentioned - it's called tolerance for differences Jay. Remember similar
arguments about black people and civil rights? God forbid, back then, if
there was a kids book showing an interracial couple mock gasp.

Lastly, Jay,,,, being around a gay person won't 'make' you gay. Otherwise
Cheney would be 'flaming' (he has a lesbian daughter, don't ya know),,, by
the way,,,, when Cheney was asked he said that he couldn't answer for the
president, but for himself he felt that their SHOULD be an opportunity for
the same things that straight married couples (including civil
union/marriage) have and it was clear that he loved his daughter very much.

.." One of my
best friends is a hardcore lesbian environmental journalist

and you STILL are clueless????

who went to
Smith, and I've worked on the staff of one of the alternative newspapers
up
here.

Yikes, Jay,, that makes you gay, then!

Let's just say that when I went to the Halloween party this year, all
the goths, gays, trannies, and just plain weirdoes looked at me like I was
the freak.

Yeah, and one can imagine that it's not fun for the gay/lesbian population
to be walking around amongst us straights and be looked at like weird
freaks...... See this is what I mean about people like yourself,,, they
don't see the connections between their own observations.

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
link.net...

"David Brooks" wrote in message

That being so, and despite what should be an apolitical setting, I can no
longer in good faith keep company with a group of which the majority, I
know, has elected to deliver the country I love, and chose as my home,

into
the hands of Bush and his repressive, regressive masters.

Get a $&%@!ing helmet, dude.

for the past ten years. Most of the people I know don't understand how an
educated, reasonable person like me could vote for "that chimp
These people are mad Kerry didn't run a liberal campaign and can't stand
that he "was just as pro-war as Bush." Given the choice they'd like us to
pull out of Iraq and beg the UN's forgiveness, raise taxes back to 70% on

Need I say that I think their
policies would devastate this country just as terribly as you think W's
policies will?

Still, I've managed to become and remain friends with quite a few of these
people because I realize that they're not actually bad people, just
misguided. Naturally they feel the same about me. Some of them I'm happy
have long debates with over vast quantities of alcohol, others I only talk
about other topics with. Life goes on and is richer for the company of
people who think differently than I do.

, they voted for George W. Bush.
There's a difference if you care to see it.

-cwk.

Old November 4th 04, 02:03 AM
J Haggerty

Hey! Check your oxygen, you're showing symptoms of hypoxia!

JPH

David Brooks wrote:

One thing - one of so very many things - I learned in my five years of
flying is that partisan politics does not fit into the cockpit. Most of my
flight instructors have, I know, been to the right of me politically. I had
a most enjoyable flight with CJ - although he has since earned my undying
enmity by unapologetically using the term "Final Solution" in connection
with me and people like me, an astonishing thought coming from an avowedly
religious man, but telling and apt.

But now it seems the nation has, albeit by a slim margin, re-elected a weak,
hypocritical, murderous coward. Three years ago, when some writers on the
left started talking about fascism, I thought that an absurd stretch. No
longer. The parallels are not precise - they never are - but the broad sweep
and many of the components of a new fascist state are in place. The 48% who
didn't vote for this disaster keep knocking on my consciousness, but they
are now feeble and impotent. The thugs are in charge.

That being so, and despite what should be an apolitical setting, I can no
longer in good faith keep company with a group of which the majority, I
know, has elected to deliver the country I love, and chose as my home, into
the hands of Bush and his repressive, regressive masters.

So long. Thanks for all the conversations. You guys have made me a better
pilot.

-- David Brooks

Old November 4th 04, 02:13 AM
Cecil Chapman

Naw, I think he is just feeling a little frustrated. Personally I am just
grateful that Bush clearly had the popular vote (even if slim) so it wasn't
like 2000, made it a little easier to take. Though he still looks like a
chimp grin My candidate at least resembled a humanoid; Herman Munster
GRIN

=-----

Old November 4th 04, 02:15 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Cecil Chapman wrote:

Guns

He's a hunter, I'm pretty sure they use guns for that (he's not a
bowhunter).

He's opposed to private ownership of any firearm except shotguns plugged to three
shells. And just where in the Constitution exactly is hunting mentioned? He prattles
about "military-style assault weapons" while trying to ban semi-automatics, knowing
full well that no military-style assault weapon is semi-automatic.

I have the right to own and fire my Mauser, and, as far as I'm concerned, that
includes the right to be allowed to buy ammunition for it. Kerry tried to ban that,
and we aren't talking anything armor-piercing here.

One of the most frustrating things is that Kerry, Kennedy, and their ilk have people
like you convinced that the laws they want to pass will ban access to modern military
weapons and armour-piercing ammo. They won't. Laws to do that were passed in FDR's
time.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old November 4th 04, 02:17 AM
Matt Whiting

Newps wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

I'm thinking of moving to a state like yours (SD, right?).

Montana. The democrats here couldn't get elected as republicans in
Pennsylvania. They'd be too far to the right.

I've lived

in PA all my life, but it is becoming such a liberal cesspool that I
may have to retire elsewehere.

A Wyoming address would be good and even more conservative than here. No
taxes.

Why are all of the conservatives states in places that are cold in the
winter? My grandfather always said that the cold winters "kept the
riff-raff out" and I'm beginning to think he was right. :-)

Matt

Old November 4th 04, 02:20 AM
Matt Whiting

Cecil Chapman wrote:

Guns

He's a hunter, I'm pretty sure they use guns for that (he's not a
bowhunter). Just because one doesn't support ownership of AK-47's and
public access to armor-piercing bullets doesn't make one an enemy to gun
ownership. In fact, his record as a senator reveals that he has
consistently supported appropriate gun ownership. I own two shotguns and a
couple of rifles - don't hunt, but skeet and target shoot. Even still, I
just don't think the average citizen needs armor-piercing bullets or AK-47's
(unless you live in remote parts of Alaska grin)/.

He's only a hunter when there is a camera around. His comments about
hunting show that he hasn't a clue about hunting. Funny, I don't recall
the second amendment ever mentioning hunting, or "appropriate" gun
ownership. You must have a different constitution than I have.

Kerry is so hypocritical he makes even Bill Clinton look like an honest man.

Matt

Old November 4th 04, 02:22 AM
Matt Whiting

Cecil Chapman wrote:

Oh, so know disagreeing with you means one is ignorant rather than a
puppet. You are starting to sound like Kerry.

Unfortunately Kerry never said that. But, yes,,, one is truly ignorant, if
they mindlessly espouse the words and ideas of others without ever having
challenged those ideas, themselves.

Every thing you wrote was, literally, the same campaign rhetoric we have
heard from Bush.... The Kerry account is absurd,,, I spoke, at length, with
one of the individuals who served under Kerry. How you could defend a draft
dodger, like Bush; cowardly clinging onto the tails of daddy to get him out
of harms way and into the National Guard is something I cannot help.

I never defended Bushes military record. I simply stated my opinion of
Kerry's.

Of course, some people think cocaine use, alcoholism and DUI are just fine
examples of a human being and would make FINE presidential material and
moral fiber - Obviously, my ethical bar is higher than your standard....
sad,,, but to each his own I suppose.

Yes, but Kerry didn't get elected so we don't have to worry about any of
the above with respect to our president.

Matt