DUATS

Old August 19th 03, 07:18 PM
Chris Matras

Default DUATS

Anyone know what's up with www.duats.com? I can't get there via web or
telnet.

thx

Old August 19th 03, 09:17 PM
Ron Natalie

"Chris Matras" wrote in message ...
Anyone know what's up with www.duats.com? I can't get there via web or
telnet.

Works for me.

Old August 19th 03, 10:05 PM
Ross Richardson

I used the web version on Sunday and no problems. Did a fine job. I have
the dial up Cirrus also and find it works great. I have my plane
profiled. As an example, on the last leg home Sunday the www.duats.com
plan had me at 02:19 flight time. When I landed and turned my GPS to
flight time it was 02:19. I pointed this out to my wife. I am within 5
to 8 minutes generally.

Old August 19th 03, 10:20 PM
ArtP

Doesn't work for me. People on COPA can't get it to work either.

Old August 19th 03, 11:45 PM
jeff

dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will tell
you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do your flight
plan by hand.

Old August 20th 03, 02:32 AM
Teacherjh

dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will tell
you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do your flight
plan by hand.

So the young ones are realizing that too? Get on the phone to FSS and do your
flight plan by hand, dammit!

g Jose
(46)

Old August 20th 03, 02:16 PM
Ross Richardson

I called CSC and they are having problems with the server. I was told to
use 131.131.7.104 as the URL for the time being. This worked for me this
moring.

Ross
Old August 20th 03, 05:13 PM
Stan Gosnell

jeff wrote in :

dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will
tell you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do
your flight plan by hand.

That's what I usually do. I use DUAT for weather, etc, & file with FSS on
the phone. I often file a canned DVFR, & it's much easier to do that over
the phone, get my squawk and a weather update at the same time. For IFR, I
also prefer to file with a human. I have no quarrel with anyone who files
over DUAT or DUATS, though, it's just a personal preference. I just wish I
were still 40, though. :-)

--
Regards,

Stan

Old August 20th 03, 05:13 PM
Aarfy

What's with these new-fangled moving maps, TCADs and e-leck-tronic E6Bs?? We
used our eyeballs, ADFs and slide rules, and we liked it!!

grumpy old pi-lot

Old August 20th 03, 07:00 PM
Ron Natalie

"Stan Gosnell" wrote in message ...

You had all that? I remember well flying across the water with a mag
compass and a watch, nothing else.

You had a compass and a watch? Me and Orville had to count in our
heads (one kill devil, two kill devil, three kill devil DANG it Wilbur will
you shut the **** up I'm navigating here...)