Piper J3C-65

Old February 25th 09, 08:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glen in Orlando

Default Piper J3C-65

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	J3C-65 (Piper) Spruce creek, Florida (Custom).jpg
Views:	117
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	33002
Old February 25th 09, 09:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Cessna 305

Old February 25th 09, 10:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Moore

"Glen in Orlando" wrote
Attachment decoded: J3C-65 (Piper) Spruce creek, Florida (Custom).jpg

Glen....why don't you just give up trying to identify the aircraft in your
photographs. :-) As Steven has pointed-out, it was known in its early
years as a Cessna 305, but to the military, it was originally the L-19 and
then later designated the O-1, Bird Dog.

If I recall correctly, its principal engine was a Continental O-470.

Bob Moore
Old February 26th 09, 02:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glen in Orlando

Guys...
I'm trying..really.... I zoomed in on the photo as best as I could and the N
Number comes back as what I posted.. either i'm reading it wrong (and
apparently I am) or the FAA database is incorrect... That's the primary tool
I use for ID.
I'm coming up with N30580. It's super hard to make out the info when zooming
in on the original pic.. anyway what got me is it is listed as being owned
and registered at a Daytonal Beach address...since that is where spruce
creek is located... well..... I bit...
I must be reading the N number incorrectly...
Thanks all for Pimping me yet again... and to think I was TRYING to be
careful about it this time.... sigh
Glen in Orlando

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0916.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	33003
Old February 26th 09, 05:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article om,
"Glen in Orlando" wrote:

begin 666 J3C-65 (Piper) Spruce creek, Florida (Custom).jpg
[Image]

end

That is an L-19 (O-1) Bird Dog.

Old February 26th 09, 08:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:21:55 -0500, "Glen in Orlando"
wrote:

Guys...
I'm trying..really.... I zoomed in on the photo as best as I could and the N
Number comes back as what I posted.. either i'm reading it wrong (and
apparently I am) or the FAA database is incorrect... That's the primary tool
I use for ID.
I'm coming up with N30580. It's super hard to make out the info when zooming
in on the original pic.. anyway what got me is it is listed as being owned
and registered at a Daytonal Beach address...since that is where spruce
creek is located... well..... I bit...
I must be reading the N number incorrectly...
Thanks all for Pimping me yet again... and to think I was TRYING to be
careful about it this time.... sigh
Glen in Orlando

How about N305BD -

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...cmndfind .y=0

Registered to New York, but still closer than Seattle or Neptune.

The military serial - 112386 (51-12386) - belongs to an L-19 / O-1,
whether it actually belongs to ~this~ airframe or not... Also not
sure about the 'OE-1', O-1E would make scads more sense, though this
one seems to be an O-1D.

A peecher of her at airliners.net:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessn...ird/1139647/L/

Bob ^,,^

Old February 26th 09, 11:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Bob wrote:

How about N305BD -

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...cmndfind .y=0

Registered to New York, but still closer than Seattle or Neptune.

The military serial - 112386 (51-12386) - belongs to an L-19 / O-1,
whether it actually belongs to ~this~ airframe or not... Also not
sure about the 'OE-1', O-1E would make scads more sense, though this
one seems to be an O-1D.

A peecher of her at airliners.net:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessn...ird/1139647/L/

Cessna Model 305 was designated L-19 in Army service and OE in USMC service.
The designation on the tail is OE-1, the Bureau Number 112386 belongs to a
SNJ-6. Under the Tri-Service system the designation became O-1.