What have we learned from all this?

Old April 25th 20, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 3:07:17 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
Interesting situation that we are all faced with the last few weeks, things are more serious than we ever expected. I was having a great discussion last evening with my family member who is an Infectious Disease MD, the discussion was eye opening! This is a game changer, and China has much to blame for not informing the world about what was happening with this virus.
The doctors in China that alerted the gov about what was happening have disappeared, probably shot in some kind of firing line. Infection was spread globally during this time of silence from the Chinese.
The good to come out of this is that Trump understands how vulnerable us as Americans are due to our lack of manufacturing that has been shipped abroad. We as a country will be in a much better position after this pandemic declines. Medications will once again be made in America, our dependency will be less on the global work force and our country will be better equipped to deal with the next medical crisis that exist. I have for some time been following the work of Dr. Jacob Glanville, who is funded by the Gates foundation. It was interesting to listen to his understanding of this situation and how it will be defeated.
Flaming liberals are still blaming Trump for this species threatening virus, just tune into the twisted media and listen to what these so called educated idiots are saying, tell me that Jim Acosta is playing with a full deck. Does he really think that this country has a respirator for every person!
What goes??? Bob

I have learned to do a daily Lysol cleanse then stick an incandescent up my ass, to stay healthy.
Old April 25th 20, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 1:13:58 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 5:48:21 PM UTC+1, wrote:
It's a hoax people. https://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=239066
If you are waiting for government permission to go back to living, good luck.

So its a hoax but one for which the president is pondering the possibility of injections of disinfectant?

I haven't checked to see exactly what the President said. Don't care either because I do not take medical advice from Presidents. Not this one, the next one, nor any of the prior ones. And I'm certainly not taking medical advice from a billionaire computer guy. Or from gov't bureaucrats, the gov't health bureaucrats have a terrible track record and they are the 'credentialed professionals.'
PS add journalists to the do not take medical advice from list.
Old April 25th 20, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 7:21:49 AM UTC-7, Jim Kellett wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 9:53:14 PM UTC-4, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

Quick update: The US death toll from Covid-19 now stands at about 50,000, and that's in only about 2.5 months since the first US death reported. A bad influenza year might incur 60,000 deaths over 12 months.

A lot depends on how we look at these data. If you average out the deaths from all causes by the week, we find that for the last two weeks COVID-19 is right now THE leading cause of death in the US! So it's serious, and certainly far more contagious than cardiovascular disease, cancer, auto accidents, whatever . . .
Jim

No, COVID19 is NOT the leading cause of death - that would be heart disease (647,457 in 2017) followed closely by cancer. COVID19 would come in 10th, right behind nephrotic syndrome, at the current level. It will probably end up in eight place between flu and diabetes.
Old April 25th 20, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 9:48:21 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's a hoax people. https://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=239066
If you are waiting for government permission to go back to living, good luck.

33% of public believes government is WITHHOLDING a COVID cure!

https://theweek.com/speedreads/91069...being-withheld
Old April 25th 20, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 9:16:59 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 9:48:21 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's a hoax people. https://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=239066
If you are waiting for government permission to go back to living, good luck.

33% of public believes government is WITHHOLDING a COVID cure!

https://theweek.com/speedreads/91069...being-withheld

Clever making people think you have the answer they think they need
Old April 25th 20, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 16:47:58 -0700, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

I have learned to do a daily Lysol cleanse then stick an incandescent up
my ass, to stay healthy.

There's an interesting piece in this week's New Scientist. It appears
that substantially more men than women are being admitted to hospital
with COVID-19 - male:female ratios are 2:1 in Wuhan, 7:3 in UK & Northern
Ireland and 62:38 in NYC. Apparently male:female death ratios show
similar proportions.

It also seems that the same male:female imbalance also applies to other
coronaviruses (SARS and MERS) and to viral pneumonia, though this
imbalance is not seen with other respiratory infections.

However, older men are generally in worse health than older women across
obesity, blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, lung and cardiovascular
disease. The NYC study showed that, when this factor is included, the
male:female susceptibility to COVID-19 vanishes.

There's also a suggestion than, as several critical immune genes are on
the X chromosome and that, as women have two X chromosomes against men's
single copy, they may have higher natural immunities.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old April 25th 20, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

No, no, no, Jonathan.Â* It must be a UV light. :-D

On 4/24/2020 5:47 PM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I have learned to do a daily Lysol cleanse then stick an incandescent up my ass, to stay healthy.

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 26th 20, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rakel

On Saturday, April 25, 2020 at 12:28:24 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
No, no, no, Jonathan.Â* It must be a UV light. :-D

No, no, no, Dan

The real reason is that women have been cleaning and scrubbing with Lysol and bleach for years. We were just exposed to a lot of it. That is why we live longer.
Old May 1st 20, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 6:07:17 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

Well, what have we really learned, just to make a few observations one can conclude that things will probably take longer to get back to normal as we understand normality.Food supplies are in danger of being limited as farmers cannot get food and cattle to markets. Gasoline prices are cheap, I paid 1.67 per gallon today, last time we saw that was the day GW Bush left office. Airlines are in turmoil, no passengers and fewer routes. Restrictions are taking a toll, you cannot even get a haircut in Florida. Georgia governor thinks tattoos are so important that the shops must reopen. The governor of NY thinks that New Yorker's keep the economy of Florida rolling. Trying to find a roll of toilet paper in a store is nearly impossible, thank goodness for the USA Today, a bit rough but it works.
Glider activity has been curtailed, not many dual flights and lessons, no baseball, cannot even go to Outback and get the special. Drove by Walmart today and say a 300 lb lady wearing a two piece tank top, WOW, that was ugly! I have seen a few good OLC flights lately and it looks like Moriarty is looking active and posting a few good flights. Take care and I hope everyone stays safe and enjoy their gliders.
Old May 1st 20, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 5:48:27 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

I think what I have learned is I should have kept my ASH-26e all those years ago. I am starting to understand the benefits of a self launcher.