A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Hey Dorothy, we're not in Kansas anymore (SSA Contest TrackingWebsite for Cordele still down?)

Old June 9th 17, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Hey Dorothy, we're not in Kansas anymore (SSA Contest TrackingWebsite for Cordele still down?)

So, I get a nice view of Kansas when I try to follow the Cordele tracking pages. I'm assuming this is the case for everyone else?

And yes, I know this is conceptually the same thread as yesterday. Just hard to resist the Kansas motif...

P3
Old June 9th 17, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Hey Dorothy, we're not in Kansas anymore (SSA Contest TrackingWebsite for Cordele still down?)

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:54:38 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
So, I get a nice view of Kansas when I try to follow the Cordele tracking pages. I'm assuming this is the case for everyone else?

And yes, I know this is conceptually the same thread as yesterday. Just hard to resist the Kansas motif...

P3

Well, we are the center of the contiguous states... :-)

When I log in, it centers on somewhere in Conn, RI, or Mass. Maybe my attempt is tracking you, and your attempt is tracking me?

I have asked HQ if there is something I can do to help. Haven't heard back but will follow up with a phone call in a bit. Satellite loop looks very encouraging, so I am guessing most of the people in the US are trying to watch the contest.

Steve Leonard
Old June 9th 17, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clay[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 1:54:38 PM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:

P3

I'm not getting Kansas, but it's no more useful. At one point I did see the task on there and a handful of gliders on course. But nothing now.

Old June 9th 17, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:34:45 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:

P3

When I log in, it centers on somewhere in Conn, RI, or Mass. Maybe my attempt is tracking you, and your attempt is tracking me?

I have asked HQ if there is something I can do to help. Haven't heard back but will follow up with a phone call in a bit. Satellite loop looks very encouraging, so I am guessing most of the people in the US are trying to watch the contest.

Steve Leonard

I pinged Lane, who works with Pedja on this as the SSA Tracking Committee. Looks like the server is hanging after country selection, which could be hardware or software. No comment on the location (I also land in Kansas).

Frank Whiteley
Old June 9th 17, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:51:49 PM UTC-6, Frank Whiteley wrote:

P3

Steve Leonard

I pinged Lane, who works with Pedja on this as the SSA Tracking Committee. Looks like the server is hanging after country selection, which could be hardware or software. No comment on the location (I also land in Kansas).

Frank Whiteley

Not tracking, but Andreea, contest CM, has been posting live feeds frequently on the SSA FB page.

Old June 9th 17, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:53:53 PM UTC-6, Frank Whiteley wrote:

P3

Steve Leonard

Frank Whiteley

Not tracking, but Andreea, contest CM, has been posting live feeds frequently on the SSA FB page.

Just go a too many connections error, so it must be server load.
Old June 9th 17, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
external usenet poster

I usually land in the NE (where I am) but it appears to hang after that.
With 3 rain days in a row, you'd think the servers were rested.....;-)
Old June 9th 17, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711
external usenet poster

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 1:06:19 PM UTC-6, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:53:53 PM UTC-6, Frank Whiteley wrote:

And yes, I know this is conceptually the same thread as yesterday.. Just hard to resist the Kansas motif...

P3

Steve Leonard

Frank Whiteley

Just go a too many connections error, so it must be server load.

Maybe someone's hacking it.......had no problem for the recent Sports Class.. If you were trying to track someone NOT at Cordele you would be SOL!

Stats are below.

glideport.aero receives about 37 unique visitors and 70 (1.90 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $0.29/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $110.34. According to Alexa Traffic Rank glideport.aero is ranked number 6,892,270 in the world and 8.0E-6% of global Internet users visit it. Site is hosted in New York, NY, 10012, United States and links to network IP address 107.170.23.252.
Old June 9th 17, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND
external usenet poster

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 2:34:45 PM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:

P3

Steve Leonard

there IS a beautiful cu field covering all of georgia! they've earned it with all of their patience. can't wait to check scores later!