I developed an antigrav unit

Old February 10th 04, 12:38 AM
Morgans

"wmbjk" wrote

It needs to made smaller. This guy could handle the job
http://www.websiteexpertise.com/foc/.../ferrari312.rm (1mb download,
but really worth watching)

Wayne

WoW. (dropped jaw) That may be one of the most impressive things I have
ever seen on the net.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old February 10th 04, 01:00 AM
Felger Carbon

"Ghost" wrote in message
Perhaps this reference will add clarity.. I became quite intrigued

many
decades ago when John Campbell and Jerry Pournelle wrote about it..

http://www.deanspacedrive.org/HomePage.html

http://www.space-drives.org/wwdeannl.html

I'm a long-time reader of Analog. The "Dean Drive" hung its hat on
two assertions: 1) That a suspended pendulum would "lean", if that's
the correct term, when the DD was powered on, and 2) that when the DD
was placed on an ordinary mechanical bathroom scale, the scale
indicated a lower weight when the DD was switched on.

1) was never demonstrated in public.

2) this was demonstrated in public. A little investigation proved
that the ordinary mechanical bathroom scale is a negative-peak-reading
device. Jiggle it and it reads the lowest peak value (while it is
being continuously jiggled, which is what the DD did).

I still like Analog. Very entertaining. The late John Campbell was
into lotsa "ghosts and goblins" (ie psi phenomena) stuff, not just the
DD. Complete nonsense, of course. ;-)

Old February 10th 04, 01:47 PM
wmbjk

Morgans wrote:
"wmbjk" wrote

It needs to made smaller. This guy could handle the job
http://www.websiteexpertise.com/foc/.../ferrari312.rm (1mb
download, but really worth watching)

Wayne

WoW. (dropped jaw) That may be one of the most impressive things I
have ever seen on the net.

That was my reaction as well. I wonder if he made all the small bits to
scale (fuel injection, plugs, etc.)

Wayne

Old February 10th 04, 02:32 PM
Dillon Pyron

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:47:00 GMT, "wmbjk"
wrote:

Morgans wrote:
"wmbjk" wrote

It needs to made smaller. This guy could handle the job
http://www.websiteexpertise.com/foc/.../ferrari312.rm (1mb
download, but really worth watching)

Wayne

WoW. (dropped jaw) That may be one of the most impressive things I
have ever seen on the net.

That was my reaction as well. I wonder if he made all the small bits to
scale (fuel injection, plugs, etc.)

Yes. It's really incredible. What really amazes me are the four puck
disc brakes. With working (solid) brake lines!

Wayne

--
dillon

Life is always short, but only you can make it sweet
Old February 10th 04, 06:20 PM
wmbjk

wrote:

Morgans wrote:
"wmbjk" wrote

It needs to made smaller. This guy could handle the job
http://www.websiteexpertise.com/foc/.../ferrari312.rm (1mb
download, but really worth watching)

Wayne

WoW. (dropped jaw) That may be one of the most impressive things I
have ever seen on the net.

That was my reaction as well. I wonder if he made all the small bits
to scale (fuel injection, plugs, etc.)

Yes. It's really incredible. What really amazes me are the four puck
disc brakes. With working (solid) brake lines!

All I've seen is the video. Does anyone have links to additional
information?

Wayne

Old February 10th 04, 06:43 PM
wmbjk

wmbjk wrote:
All I've seen is the video. Does anyone have links to additional
information?

Found a site - http://www.fine-art-models.com/e/gallery/scerri/

Wayne

Old February 11th 04, 10:08 AM
B2431

From: "wmbjk"

wmbjk wrote:
All I've seen is the video. Does anyone have links to additional
information?

Found a site -
http://www.fine-art-models.com/e/gallery/scerri/

Wayne

I have a hard time threading a needle so there is no way on God's Earth I could
do anything like those models. They are amazing. I would like to see some in
real life.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired