Raptor Smurfs

Old April 2nd 04, 07:35 AM
John Cook

A troll like Ferrin is incapable of humility.

A troll like Tarver. Incapable of offering any proof for anything he
says.

Cook just posted the proof.

He posted a picture of the entire airplane. Why don't you clarify and
specify which part of the airplane they are referring to?

Take a close look at each side of the refuelling receptical, I'll make
the blownup version available here.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jwcook/f-22close.jpg

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jwcook/f-22_aoa.jpg

Anyone live in nevada? give the guy a ring!!!

C Lyons - 10200 N VIRGINIA ST, RENO, NV 89506
Phone: (775) 677-1101

Major Ian Gottcher is quoted the text :-.

'The airfoils are made from a fibrous blue kevlar type material which
move up into the airflow when certain flight conditions are met, this
creates a pair of vortexs across the back of the Aircraft which
interacts with the vertical tail planes to aid in control and
stabalisation'

The maintainence crews apparently call the fins 'Smurfs' due to their
color.
I'm sure they have nicked this name from the british Hawk jet, can
anyone confirm.

'Angles of Attack are increased by several percent when the fins
are deployed'

John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address :-
Spam trap - please remove (trousers) to email me
Eurofighter Website :-
http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk
Old April 2nd 04, 10:52 AM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 16:35:49 +1000, John Cook
wrote:

A troll like Ferrin is incapable of humility.

A troll like Tarver. Incapable of offering any proof for anything he
says.

Cook just posted the proof.

He posted a picture of the entire airplane. Why don't you clarify and
specify which part of the airplane they are referring to?

Take a close look at each side of the refuelling receptical, I'll make
the blownup version available here.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jwcook/f-22close.jpg

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jwcook/f-22_aoa.jpg

And the UNdoctored one:

http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/phot...-1111A-111.jpg

Here's the EXACT same photo that I posted in another message. Maybe
somebody could explain the discrepancy.

http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/closeup.jpg

Personally I'd say somebody did a little photoshop work.

If you go here you can see some good closeups of the areas in question
and there's nothing there.

http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/phot...-0000J-003.jpg

http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/phot...-0000J-002.jpg

http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/phot...-9999G-001.jpg

http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/phot...-9999G-084.jpg

(It's about here where I'm starting to wonder if the damn Smurf thing
is an April Fool's joke. If so I took it hook, line, and sinker.
Dirty ******* :-) Good one though.)

Old April 2nd 04, 01:43 PM
John Cook

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:56:38 +1000, John Cook
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 02:52:46 -0700, Scott Ferrin
wrote:

Your welcome...

I think I should explain the names in the original post...

'Major I gottcher' is obvious.
But 'C Lyons' has a telephone number, of the Nevada Safari Zoo, i was
hoping someone would ring it up...;-)

Smurfs do exist!!!, Gasp!!!!, But on Hawk trainers and T-45' it stands
for (IIRC) Strake Mounted Under Fin Roots.

For the record - I edited the Raptor image and set this up as an
april fool prank, hope you enjoyed it.

Cheers

:-)

Old April 2nd 04, 02:08 PM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
Scott Ferrin writes:

(It's about here where I'm starting to wonder if the damn Smurf thing
is an April Fool's joke. If so I took it hook, line, and sinker.
Dirty ******* :-) Good one though.)

You'd think that the spokesman being I. Gottcher might be a wee bit of
a clue
--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old April 2nd 04, 03:53 PM
Tarver Engineering

"John Cook" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 02:52:46 -0700, Scott Ferrin
wrote:

Your welcome...

You're welcome.

Poor Scott Ferret, the felching pellet.

Old April 2nd 04, 04:20 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 06:53:53 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Your welcome...

You're welcome.

Poor Scott Ferret, the felching pellet.

"How about that apology, little bitch?"

Poor little Tarver. Thought he was vindicated only to find out it was
an April Fool's joke.
Old April 2nd 04, 05:21 PM
Jeb Hoge

John Cook wrote in message . ..

Download the picture from alt.binaries.pictures.military
called Raptor smurfs f-22-aoa.jpg.

Any way to post to something that's not a binaries newsgroup?