AD on O-235-C2C?

Old July 8th 03, 06:13 AM
BTIZ

maybe he was trying to low ball the value of your airplane..

BT

wrote in message
et...
I was told by an aircraft appraiser that there's an expensive AD on the

108 hp
C2C version of the Lycoming O-235 that comes due at overhaul time. He

didn't
have the AD number or any details, and I haven't been able to find out

much
more. Does anybody know which one he was referring to?

Old July 8th 03, 10:02 AM

I don't think so. It was an airplane I was considering buying, and the
appraiser had no financial interest in the sale.

In article FosOa.69569$1e.28543@fed1read04, "BTIZ"
wrote:
maybe he was trying to low ball the value of your airplane..

BT

. net...

Old July 8th 03, 06:43 PM
Dennis O'Connor

My mechanic, who can read an AD including preamble and foot notes and
understand it, says he made more than a few bucks from customers who came in
an insisted that he 'do' the AD on the 320 oil pumps even after he advised
them that it did not apply to their engine... Says he told them once, then
if they still insisted that he make some easy money, he shrugged, and did
it...

Denny

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

wrote in message news:zLvOa.4134$GL4.2199@rwcrnsc53...
Thanks for the reply! I think I had heard of the oil pump AD. Does it

only
apply to certain specific engines or is it an "across the board" AD? Do

you
have any idea how expensive a job it is?

It applies to certain engines (but there are a lot of them) and then even

not all
instances of a given engine are affected. If you can't tell by other

means, you
can pull one of the mags and visually the shaft to determine if you need

to change
things.

Have your A&P carefully read the AD including the PREAMBLE as it appears

many that it applies to more situations than it actually does. There as

also
clarifyication sent out that affirms the more narrow application of the

AD.