Maybe there is hope for the huge:)

Old May 1st 04, 07:27 PM
John0714

Default Maybe there is hope for the huge:)

On http://www.soarhawaii.com/allprices.htm it says

Maximum passenger weight for rides:
Scenic Ride: For 1 or 2 passengers - 350 lbs
Golden Eagle Lesson Ride: 1 passenger - 350 lbs
Aerobatic Ride: 1 passenger - 220 lbs

Currently even just after a huge meal I am under 345 fully clothed and have a
62" waist max And I don't think I care to soar directly after a huge meal I
have hopes of at lest getting no bigger Assuming I don't how many places that
offer rides can accomodate me? How about yours?

Old May 1st 04, 08:18 PM
Shawn Curry

John0714 wrote:
On http://www.soarhawaii.com/allprices.htm it says

Maximum passenger weight for rides:
Scenic Ride: For 1 or 2 passengers - 350 lbs
Golden Eagle Lesson Ride: 1 passenger - 350 lbs
Aerobatic Ride: 1 passenger - 220 lbs

Currently even just after a huge meal I am under 345 fully clothed and have a
62" waist max And I don't think I care to soar directly after a huge meal I
have hopes of at lest getting no bigger Assuming I don't how many places that
offer rides can accomodate me? How about yours?

Sounds like a 2-32. Lots of places use 2-32s for rides, some for
instruction. Anyone know if the belts will reach?

Shawn

P.S. You know the most obvious advice. Think of it as a way to
increase the length of your soaring career.
:-)
Old May 2nd 04, 04:20 AM
John0714

Subject: Maybe there is hope for the huge
From: Shawn Curry
Date: 5/1/2004 2:18 PM Central Standard Time
John0714 wrote:
[...]

I've aleady dropped abot 20lbs. in two months, hope to drop more. Imagine if
even alchoholics had to have at least three beers a day to avoid the same
effects as fasting in real life in the short term or starvation in the long
term?

I either sailed at the place on the website or their nearest competetors. I had
a slightly smaller waist at the time. I came back almost a year later and the
seatbelt no longer fit. They said they would order an extension but I could
never come back.
The one flight I had I loved. One more reason to wish I had been like Richie
Rich or Scrooge McDuck when I was younger and smaller. I might have sailed
around the world.

Old May 2nd 04, 05:22 AM
Shawn Curry

From: Shawn Curry
Date: 5/1/2004 2:18 PM Central Standard Time
John0714 wrote:

[...]

Skinny people don't get it. Careful of that rate. That may be faster
than is healthy. Ignore me if a doc/nutritionist is helping.

Old May 2nd 04, 12:54 PM
John0714

Skinny people don't get it.

Cold turkey, the best way for kicking MOST things, IMHO, is not an option.

Old May 2nd 04, 01:32 PM
J.M. Farrington

"John0714" wrote in message

Skinny people don't get it.

Cold turkey, the best way for kicking MOST things, IMHO, is not an option.

You should throw some veggies in that diet, or at least heat that
turkey up sometimes.

Always liked flying the 2-32. They do tend to hold there value 40 to 50K for
one in the latest Soaring.

John

Old May 2nd 04, 06:54 PM
ADP

Go to the competitor. Since they are only 15 feet apart, one of them should
and will be able to accommodate you.
Talk to Elmer or Mark at Soar Hawaii and/or Don at Mr. Bills. Soar Hawaii
is on the left and Mr. Bills is on the right.
These positions do not necessarily reflect their political persuasions. ;-0

If you still have a problem, drop me a personal note and I'll contact Soar
Hawaii to arrange a ride.

Yes they are 2-32s.

Good luck.

Allan

Old May 3rd 04, 04:31 AM
F.L. Whiteley

"J.M. Farrington" wrote in message

"John0714" wrote in message

Skinny people don't get it.

Cold turkey, the best way for kicking MOST things, IMHO, is not an

option.

You should throw some veggies in that diet, or at least heat that
turkey up sometimes.

Always liked flying the 2-32. They do tend to hold there value 40 to 50K

for
one in the latest Soaring.

John

I hear they can go for tens of thousands of hours, even in corrossive sea
air!

Frank

Old May 3rd 04, 11:27 AM
John0714

From: "ADP"
Date: 5/2/2004 12:54 PM Central Standard Time

"John0714" wrote in message

John0714 wrote:
On http://www.soarhawaii.com/allprices.htm it says

Maximum passenger weight for rides:
Scenic Ride: For 1 or 2 passengers - 350 lbs
Golden Eagle Lesson Ride: 1 passenger - 350 lbs
Aerobatic Ride: 1 passenger - 220 lbs

I either sailed at the place on the website or their nearest competetors.
I had
a slightly smaller waist at the time. I came back almost a year later and
the
seatbelt no longer fit. They said they would order an extension but I
could
never come back.

The thing is, I don't know when or if I will ever get to within 1000 miles of
Oahu again):

Old May 3rd 04, 04:11 PM
ADP

Oh my,
Well, there are 2-32s at Hollister, CA and Truckee, CA at least. I'm
certain that there are others around the USA.
Don't give up.

Allan