Soaring in Salida, CO

Old May 2nd 04, 06:23 PM
Shawn Curry

Default Soaring in Salida, CO

We'll have a towplane operating this month. I've put together (with a
lot of help) a couple page description on soaring in our area. If you
go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChaffeeCoCoSoaring/ (I think you may
need to join the group) , then click on the "Files" link on the left
side of the page it will take you to a .pdf describing the area. If
this is too much of a hassle I can post it here, but its fairly long.

Cheers,
Shawn

Old May 3rd 04, 01:40 AM
Mackfly

From: Shawn Curry

We'll have a towplane operating this month.

Hi Shawn
Hey keep me posted as you get on into the month of May. Our club is still
undecided as to a firm date. I can't make a June trip and the club may look at
an early July trip. Hows the wx (over-development) at Salida in early July?
I saved your site and will pass it on to other members. I've flown over
Buena Vista. Have you flown out of there? mac
Old May 3rd 04, 03:08 AM
Shawn Curry

From: Shawn Curry

We'll have a towplane operating this month.

Hi Shawn
Hey keep me posted as you get on into the month of May. Our club is still
undecided as to a firm date. I can't make a June trip and the club may look at
an early July trip. Hows the wx (over-development) at Salida in early July?
I saved your site and will pass it on to other members. I've flown over
Buena Vista. Have you flown out of there? mac

We're hoping to begin shaking out the towing operations next weekend.
Early July should be good. Its typically dry the first two weeks of June.
Buena Vista can be squirrelly with a cross wind. Everyone who flys
there regularly will tell you that the wind can frequently be doing
something different at each end of the runway and the middle. I've
flown out of BV once, with no trouble, once the lightning stopped :-)

Shawn
Old May 3rd 04, 05:31 PM
F.L. Whiteley

From: Shawn Curry

[...]

I suppose this means the cross-wind runway at Salida has been completed then
:^)

Frank Whiteley