A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Dream Panel

Old August 29th 15, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

Was wondering what would be your dream panel if cost was not a factor and why you would choose the instruments you do?

Old August 29th 15, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 5:15:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Was wondering what would be your dream panel if cost was not a factor and why you would choose the instruments you do?

Well remember you asked. Winter ALT and ASI, and Airpath compass (usually required by manufacture's operational manual) however I consider the ALT and compass of little worth anymore.

LX9000 with V8 vario plus AHRS, compass, flaps, and remote stick options. AirAvionics Butterfly vario with NMEA interface and Air Glide connect stick, Apple iPhone 6 plus and mount running AirAvionics iGlide pro. LXNAV Nano 3 (doesn't everyone need 4 loggers?)Trig TY-91 radio with Peiker TM168 boom mike. Trig TT22 transponder. PowerFLARM. DeLorme In-Reach Explorer. 2 @ 16amp Hobby King LiFePO4 batteries. Jensi 308 Duo battery charger. Taylor 5862 Digital 4 Event Timer. Paraphernalia mini softie 240# w/ aerobatic harness with thread-thru adapters. 1" blue and 1" pink g foam seat cushions in 2" cotton cover. Cut-to-fit sheepskin. Mountain High O2D1 pulse demand O2 system. 25K-30K ought to cover it...you'll need more for consumables, support, and miscellaneous stuff. BTW, don't forget the 150K plus for the wife's obligatory motorhome.
Old August 30th 15, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 2:15:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:

A UAT-Out box, certified GPS source and Dual-Link ADS-B receiver of course :-)
Old August 30th 15, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark628CA
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

LX9000 with V8 vario plus AHRS, compass, flaps, and remote stick options. AirAvionics Butterfly vario with NMEA interface and Air Glide connect stick, Apple iPhone 6 plus and mount running AirAvionics iGlide pro. LXNAV Nano 3 (doesn't everyone need 4 loggers?)Trig TY-91 radio with Peiker TM168 boom mike. Trig TT22 transponder. PowerFLARM. DeLorme In-Reach Explorer. 2 @ 16amp Hobby King LiFePO4 batteries. Jensi 308 Duo battery charger. Taylor 5862 Digital 4 Event Timer. Paraphernalia mini softie 240# w/ aerobatic harness with thread-thru adapters. 1" blue and 1" pink g foam seat cushions in 2" cotton cover. Cut-to-fit sheepskin. Mountain High O2D1 pulse demand O2 system. 25K-30K ought to cover it...you'll need more for consumables, support, and miscellaneous stuff. BTW, don't forget the 150K plus for the wife's obligatory motorhome.

"And a partridge in a pear tree..."

Old August 30th 15, 11:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

I like this one
http://1drv.ms/1JtO14c
LX Nav (experimental) in a JS1
Old August 30th 15, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

A "Memphis" variometer.

Old August 30th 15, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 5:15:51 AM UTC-5, Muttley wrote:
I like this one

Yeah, but does it get HBO?
Old August 30th 15, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

Can you get soap operas on that?

On 8/30/2015 4:15 AM, Muttley wrote:

I like this one

--
Dan Marotta

Old August 30th 15, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 7:22:27 AM UTC-7, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas wrote:
A "Memphis" variometer.

What is a Memphis variometer?
Old August 30th 15, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default Dream Panel

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 3:15:51 AM UTC-7, Muttley wrote:
I like this one

Nice, notice the Russian helicopter in the background. I would still want a mechanical ASI, and altimeter as back up and a LX V3 with UPS battery pack as a back up vario. With this panel there is no space for back up instruments in case you lose power to the main bus.

Dream panel for me would be LX9070 with V80 and AHRS, compass, flaps, and remote stick options. LX V3 vario with UPS battery so I have a backup vario if I lose the main bus power. Air-avionics radio and transponder core, so one panel hole and transponder is controlled by radio, NMEA output so the transponder will have ADS-B, Butterfly vario, power flarm core, winer 57 mm ASI and Altimeter, and while I am not sure why compasses are still required equipment I would find a bohli (might as well get the best.