Worldwide hi-res satellite photos

Old May 2nd 04, 03:17 AM
Jonathan Gere

Default Worldwide hi-res satellite photos

I updated my page to include a link showing how to access 15m
resolution satellite photos for most of the world. This link has
better resolution than the link for the US. The images are already
projected to a simple XY latitude/longitude grid as needed by SeeYou.

http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/

This data is served by JPL's OnEarth site.

Jonathan Gere
Old May 2nd 04, 07:28 PM
Dan D

I've been using images downloaded from this site:
https://zulu.ssc.nasa.gov/mrsid/
simulated colors but low res for HG. prob better for sailplane pilots
do you know of other higher res calibrated image sources for the western us?

thanks,
Dan

om...

Old May 4th 04, 03:08 PM
Jonathan Gere

1m digital orthophotoquads can be downloaded for most US states free
online from one university site or another. Even as a MrSid image
they are huge - about 16MB for 1/8th degree by 1/8 degree. They are
almost all B&W. If you don't need much coverage, and you have the
tools to reproject them from UTM to a lat/long grid, it is fun to see
a flight track go right down the runway.

Jonathan

Satellite photos Chris W Piloting 3 September 2nd 04 06:49 AM
~ PHOTOS FROM THE FALLUJAH MASSACRE [won't find *these* photos on TekTeam26 Military Aviation 0 April 12th 04 01:49 AM
US satellite photos - Mifflin County example Jonathan Gere Soaring 0 March 25th 04 12:39 AM
Free, downloadable U.S. Satellite Photos Jonathan Gere Soaring 1 November 22nd 03 04:01 PM
FS: Aviation History Books Neil Cournoyer Military Aviation 0 August 26th 03 08:32 PM