Still Can't Claim Flight on OLC

Old May 1st 16, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Still Can't Claim Flight on OLC

It won't accept any of three emails I've tried. I still get this stupid
message when I try to claim a flight: Es wurde festgestellt dass Deine
E-Mail Adresse falsch ist.Bitte klicke hier um Deine Daten zu
aktualisieren.
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/secure/memberadmin.html

I'll delete my account if I can figure out how and create a new
account. Anybody know how to delete an account?
--
Dan, 5J

Old May 1st 16, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
N97MT

On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 7:30:23 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
It won't accept any of three emails I've tried.* I still get this
stupid message when I try to claim a flight:* Es wurde festgestellt
dass Deine E-Mail Adresse falsch ist.*Bitte klicke hier um Deine
Daten zu aktualisieren.

I'll delete my account if I can figure out how and create a new
account.* Anybody know how to delete an account?

--

Dan, 5J

If you have not already done so, try an eMail address living in a different domain instead of for example).

In a separate problem, I have had issues sending email from my address in my domain to, for example, users living at @aol.com. The problem there is that someone who had an email from my current domain was spamming to users in aol.com, which caused the aol.com eMail administrator to subsequently reject ALL email addresses originating from my email domain, including mine.

You may have the same problem, only in reverse. OLC may not be able to get to your eMail domain for similar reasons (someone spamming out of their domain into users living in your current eMail domain), and automajically think that your eMail is invalid because of OLC gets the rejection from your eMail server.

Create an address to a new email domain ) for purposes of using OLC and see if that works.

Old May 1st 16, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

Why email and not upload directly? If a recorder, email to computer then upload.

Old May 1st 16, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

The message I referred to in my original post was the result of
attempting to upload an igc file directly from my computer. The
"invalid email" claim from OLC was as a result of trying to insert my
email into their account page. An email address is required to have an
account.

Old May 1st 16, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Oh, yes... After reentering my email address for the umpteenth time, I
get this message with a green background: Thank you. Your data have been
saved. Have fun with OLC!

Complete and utter BS as the next time I attempt to upload a flight, I
get the original message:

Old May 1st 16, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I finally got it working with a yahoo email address. I also saw a note
somewhere that annual re-registration on OLC is required.

On 5/1/2016 8:47 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:

[...]

Claim Check version 1.19 Available Now Judy Ruprecht Soaring 0 September 6th 13 04:19 PM
Quick Claim OLC Mal[_3_] Soaring 1 April 14th 07 11:29 AM
AMAZING OLC CLAIM [email protected] Soaring 6 March 1st 07 04:15 AM
SSA OLC Region for Flight Claim Jack Soaring 35 July 23rd 06 07:15 PM
PZL 62 Aircraft Claim robert arndt Military Aviation 10 January 8th 04 09:47 PM