thanks for the support

Old August 17th 03, 06:13 AM
tony zambon

Default thanks for the support

I hear that the Chicago air and water show is a big success again this year
with over 1 million people in attendance. Just goes to show what a great
show an aviation minded mayor can put for the city.
To all the performers that showed up to put on such a great show i just
want to say thanks,thanks from all of us who were boycotting the city
because of the destruction of meigs field by moving meetings to the suburbs,
using Mitchell field in Milwaukee instead of O'Hare and making time and
money sacrifices to make a point. Unfortunately the point we made is that we
cant stick together, that when we get **** on we make a little noise then it
is everyone for themselves.This was a perfect opportunity to kick the mayor
in the balls in the most public way and what happens? not a thing. Well I
for one will continue to avoid spending one penney in the city while Daley
is mayor. It wont do much good but at least i will feel better about it.
Again in case any of the performers are reading this , thanks for the
support.

tony zambon
grumman 9941L

Old August 17th 03, 03:03 PM
John Gaquin

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:ToL% Again
in case any of the performers are reading this , thanks for the
support.

I'll second the motion.

You guys that performed in Chicago -- despite what King Daley did -- ought
to be ashamed. For a few lousy bucks, you sold us *all* out.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

It may not be quite so simple. I'm guessing that most regular performers
were contractually obligated to show. Or even if not contractually, there
was a risk that future bookings, and thus their family's security, might
fall off if they honored this boycott. They simply had to decide whether
"the cause", in a very broad sense, was worth risking their continued
livlihood. How 'bout it, Jay? Would you put the Inn totally at risk (and
all that that implies) to make a relatively small socio-political point?

JG

Old August 17th 03, 04:45 PM
Jay Honeck

It may not be quite so simple. I'm guessing that most regular performers
were contractually obligated to show. Or even if not contractually, there
was a risk that future bookings, and thus their family's security, might
fall off if they honored this boycott. They simply had to decide whether
"the cause", in a very broad sense, was worth risking their continued
livlihood. How 'bout it, Jay? Would you put the Inn totally at risk (and
all that that implies) to make a relatively small socio-political point?

Um, apples and oranges here, John.

My Inn isn't portable. I am therefore bound by many limitations in the
local community, upon which I depend for 75% of our business.

Airshow performers are, by their very nature, portable. They perform all
over the country, and in some cases, the world. For them to have boycotted
a single airshow, held in the most anti-aviation city in the country, would
have (a) not harmed their business in any appreciable way, and (b) would
have spoken volumes to the local idiots, er, Chicagoans who continually
re-elect King Daley to office.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 18th 03, 03:25 AM
vincent p. norris

there was a risk that future bookings, and thus their family's security, might
fall off if they honored this boycott.

Not long ago, three women risked their careers to "blow the whistle"
wkhen they saw things that violated their principles. I'm sure you
heard about them.

That's called courage and integrity.

vince norris
Old August 18th 03, 03:50 AM
John Gaquin

I agree. In the case of those women, I believe you're right. I think such
things were involved as embezzlement or theft of retirement funds, stock
manipulation, conspiracy, fraud, other felononious behavior, terrorist
involvement impacting on national security, and possibly other things.

Are these the kind of activities involved in the closing of Meigs?

JG

Old August 18th 03, 05:49 PM
john smith

John Gaquin wrote:
I agree. In the case of those women, I believe you're right. I think such
things were involved as embezzlement or theft of retirement funds, stock
manipulation, conspiracy, fraud, other felononious behavior, terrorist
involvement impacting on national security, and possibly other things.
Are these the kind of activities involved in the closing of Meigs?

Of course!!! It's Chicago!
Old August 19th 03, 03:04 AM
vincent p. norris

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:49:37 GMT, john smith
wrote:

John Gaquin wrote:
I agree. In the case of those women, I believe you're right. I think such
things were involved as embezzlement or theft of retirement funds, stock
manipulation, conspiracy, fraud, other felononious behavior, terrorist
involvement impacting on national security, and possibly other things.
Are these the kind of activities involved in the closing of Meigs?

Of course!!! It's Chicago!

ROTFLOL!!! That's a far better answer than I could have provided!

vince norris