WWI WESTERN ELECTRIC SCR 68 AIRCRAFT TRANSCEIVER 1918

Old October 10th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default WWI WESTERN ELECTRIC SCR 68 AIRCRAFT TRANSCEIVER 1918

What would radio technicians have thought of 25kHz frequency spacing
in the era when this was in operation:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Old October 11th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

What would radio technicians have thought of 25kHz frequency spacing
in the era when this was in operation:

Wow. I wonder where/how the sellers found an UNUSED World War I
radio/telephone?

That story would be more interesting to me than the item itself.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 11th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ktbr

Jay Honeck wrote:
Wow. I wonder where/how the sellers found an UNUSED World War I
radio/telephone?

Sounds like a candidate for display in the "NC-4" room at the hotel.

;^)
Old October 11th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On 11 Oct 2006 06:20:31 -0700, "Jay Honeck" wrote
in .com:

Wow

Hey, that's nothing. How would you like to be the 1911 radio operator
in this Wright Flyer? http://earlyradiohistory.us/1911air.htm