Keith stands proud

Old June 6th 04, 10:04 PM
ArtKramr

Default Keith stands proud

Proud of the heroic performance of England in WW II and their part in stopping
and defeating Germany on many fronts. In the end England was part of the
ukltimate victory while Germany lay crushed and in smoking ruins. Total
failures at war for a second time in the same century. And I think they have
been taught a lesson they will never forget.. And all those of us who fought
with England in WW II have the highest regard for their courage and
steadfastness

..

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old June 7th 04, 10:35 AM
Keith Willshaw

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Proud of the heroic performance of England in WW II and their part in

stopping
and defeating Germany on many fronts. In the end England was part of the
ukltimate victory while Germany lay crushed and in smoking ruins. Total
failures at war for a second time in the same century. And I think they

have
been taught a lesson they will never forget.. And all those of us who

fought
with England in WW II have the highest regard for their courage and
steadfastness

Thank you Art, its appreciated.

Keith

Old June 7th 04, 04:42 PM
John Mullen

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Proud of the heroic performance of England in WW II and their part in

stopping
and defeating Germany on many fronts. In the end England was part of the
ukltimate victory while Germany lay crushed and in smoking ruins. Total
failures at war for a second time in the same century. And I think they

have
been taught a lesson they will never forget.. And all those of us who

fought
with England in WW II have the highest regard for their courage and
steadfastness

Scotland, Wales and N Ireland were involved in that war as well you know!

John

Old June 7th 04, 10:16 PM
Cub Driver

Scotland, Wales and N Ireland were involved in that war as well you know!

Saying "England" when what is meant is "Britain" or (including the Six
Counties) "UK" is a habit that irritates me only slightly less than
saying "Nazi" when what is meant is "German".

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Old June 9th 04, 07:04 PM
John Mullen

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

Scotland, Wales and N Ireland were involved in that war as well you know!

Saying "England" when what is meant is "Britain" or (including the Six
Counties) "UK" is a habit that irritates me only slightly less than
saying "Nazi" when what is meant is "German".

IKWYM.

As a Scot, I am used over the years to people from England, the US and
points beyond, confusing England and Britain. The Nazi/German one as well
(Hitler was a Nazi leader, the Bf 109 was a German plane). Soviet/Russian
used to get me, and it still annoys me to hear in accounts of say Vietnam,
about 'Communist MiGs' LOL

I try not to get too annoyed about it, but on some level cannot but be
annoyed if it is an unthinking habit rather than just a slip as in Art's
case.

It is a similar reflex perhaps to that by which any criticism, however
well-meant, of US actions, past or present (and especially if it comes from
a **furrner**) automatically makes you a Democrat, anti-American,
pro-terrorist troll to some of the less thinking-enabled US posters here.

John