Ack, it's alive!

Old August 15th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Harry K

Default Ack, it's alive!

Quote:

Purchase a Skycar!

As a result of the recent successful hovering flights of the M400
Skycar, Moller International is accepting deposits to secure delivery
positions for our M400 Skycar until after the Skycar has flown from
hover to full aerodynamic flight and returned (transitioning flight). A
limited number of delivery positions are available.

http://www.moller.com/investment/

Will he never cease trying to fleece the public? Has blurbs in his
"news" area as of June 06. Didn't read much of it as I had just eaten.
I got curious as there was an informational blurb in the kiddies
activity page in my Sunday paper. At least he admits it has only
"flown" tethered this time.

Harry K

Old August 15th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Turk[_1_]

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...
Quote:

Purchase a Skycar!

As a result of the recent successful hovering flights of the M400
Skycar, Moller International is accepting deposits to secure delivery
positions for our M400 Skycar until after the Skycar has flown from
hover to full aerodynamic flight and returned (transitioning flight). A
limited number of delivery positions are available.

http://www.moller.com/investment/

I kinda like this one:
http://www.moller.com/test/

It says that there's "24 microprocessors and 25.000 lines of machine
language and software code" in the car. That puts it on par with... your
average dishwasher or so. 25.000 lines of assembly code is absolutely
nothing at all for such a project.

Rob

Old August 15th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bret Ludwig

Moller has no intention of ever flying. He is not a pilot, doesn't
have any working for him who would be remotely qualified to test fly
it, and isn't interested in looking for one. (Don't ask how I know.)

He is a fake, a phony and a fraud. He's Jim Bede times ten.

Old August 15th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack[_1_]

("Richard Riley" wrote)
Well, yeah! The world's most experienced and respected Fly Writer will
give us a completely fair, unbiased, technically thorough and brilliantly
written review.

Will a (non-flying) flying car eventually put Moller out of business? Nope.

Will the subsequent, and much anticipated ("What advertising contract?")
post-review litigation vs. ANN/Zoom put Moller out of business? ...or will
that be ANN/Zoom vs. Moller? Either way!

Stay tuned.

Montblack

Old August 15th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bret Ludwig

Montblack wrote:
("Richard Riley" wrote)
Well, yeah! The world's most experienced and respected Fly Writer will
give us a completely fair, unbiased, technically thorough and brilliantly
written review.

Will a (non-flying) flying car eventually put Moller out of business? Nope.

Will the subsequent, and much anticipated ("What advertising contract?")
post-review litigation vs. ANN/Zoom put Moller out of business? ...or will
that be ANN/Zoom vs. Moller? Either way!

A war between Moller and Zoom would provide necessary entertainment
for all.

Old August 15th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

Bret Ludwig wrote:
Montblack wrote:
("Richard Riley" wrote)
Well, yeah! The world's most experienced and respected Fly Writer will
give us a completely fair, unbiased, technically thorough and brilliantly
written review.

Will a (non-flying) flying car eventually put Moller out of business? Nope.

Will the subsequent, and much anticipated ("What advertising contract?")
post-review litigation vs. ANN/Zoom put Moller out of business? ...or will
that be ANN/Zoom vs. Moller? Either way!

A war between Moller and Zoom would provide necessary entertainment
for all.

If you scroll all the way down on the FAQ page there's a last question
after "4.28: How
is the Skycar powered on the ground?"...

4.29: 100 mil for that insane contraption???? Are you out of your
farkin' minds???

No we're not. Now go away.
Old August 16th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bret Ludwig

From Moller web site:

4.2. Why is it taking so long to complete the Skycar?
Revolutionary ideas are not born overnight. We have been in
development since the 1960's and have flown several prototypes and
concept vehicles. The progress of the M400 is on a very quick schedule
when you review the man-hours and dollars expended. Only $100 Million
has been spent in R & D at Moller International, compare this to the
$1.2 Billion required for the gearbox design on the Bell-Boeing V22
Osprey.

There is no proof Moller has spent any more money than creating the
mockups and advertising materials he has shown.

Old August 17th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

Bret Ludwig wrote:
From Moller web site:

4.2. Why is it taking so long to complete the Skycar?
Revolutionary ideas are not born overnight. We have been in
development since the 1960's and have flown several prototypes and
concept vehicles. The progress of the M400 is on a very quick schedule
when you review the man-hours and dollars expended. Only $100 Million
has been spent in R & D at Moller International, compare this to the
$1.2 Billion required for the gearbox design on the Bell-Boeing V22
Osprey.

There is no proof Moller has spent any more money than creating the
mockups and advertising materials he has shown.

What's the deal with the Rotawhatzit wankel? Does the engine exist?

John