Pilots are, indeed, rare...

Old November 29th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Pilots are, indeed, rare...

Matt W. Barrow wrote:
"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
Dudley Henriques wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
Here - pull my finger.

"Refined humor since 1956."
If you will eat a full can of baked beans and stand at the end of the
runway on roller skates, I will CONSIDER pulling your finger, but only
if I can stand well out of the way.
But to pull my finger you have to be within harm length. :-)
You might have a "point" here!! :-)
I have to admit I do see a certain similarity in our "condition". You
of course seem to favor the ever popular classic Samurai "down the
middle" approach to hair fashion, while I on the other hand seem to
favor the more simplistic "Sahara" approach :-))
You set a shining example that, with age, I may someday emulate.
I fear both of us will share the same pate. :-))

Groan. ;-)

Hair ends this strand?

I'm gonna pull the rug out from under this thread.

It's awful being a pun slave.

It starts for most of us in the damn flight office on a rainy day when
all the students come in and can't fly and everybody starts to chew the
fat and hit the coke machine. The first thing you know somebody lays a
pun on somebody else and you're standing there with a coke in your hand
when suddenly the perfect response just pops into your stupid CFI brain.
It's a moment of truth!! Do you lay it out there or do you just stand
there with that stupid smile on your puss swilling down your coke?

I tell you it's physical pain keeping a pun to yourself in the flight
office. Only the finest among us can resist the pun force.

ATP's can usually resist. When ATP's get their rating, they get a shot
of anti-pun elixir in the armpit that turns them into serious people.

For CFI's and the regular pilot community...forget it. WE are pun city!
First thing you know...out it comes....you're hooked...it's puns for
life....puns with the wife....puns with the kids....the grandkids....the
great grandkids.......the family cat runs into the kitchen when you look
at him. He thinks you're going to throw a pun at him. He's heard them
all. He hates puns!
PLEASE GOD!!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!
:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 29th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Quite an impressive feet of pilotage!

That's *very* cool.

I'm not saying ballooning isn't fun, and it's definitely worth doing
-- it's just not *flying*, to me. I want absolute control in all 3
dimensions before I'll call it "flying".

If all I wanted was a good view, I could go to the top of a tall
building, or stand on the edge of a cliff. It's the control part that
is teh allure, for me.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old November 29th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Matt W. Barrow wrote:

Hair ends this strand?

I'm gonna pull the rug out from under this thread.

It's awful being a pun slave.

It starts for most of us in the damn flight office on a rainy day when all
the students come in and can't fly and everybody starts to chew the fat
and hit the coke machine.

Cans wouldn't drop, huh?

Old November 29th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
[...]

OH!!!! THE HUMANITY!!

Old November 29th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:41:25 -0500, Dudley Henriques
wrote:

Roger (K8RI) wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:10:23 -0500, Dudley Henriques
wrote:

Lardbutt had no
descendents.

Roger (K8RI)

Wouldn't having the wings too small have caused Lardbutt to have a
descendents issue????

As yes. Actually I believe they say he rapidly discovered as he was
descending, his chances of having any descendents was descending
faster than his rate of descent.

Roger (K8RI)
Old November 29th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Quite an impressive feet of pilotage!

That's *very* cool.

I'm not saying ballooning isn't fun, and it's definitely worth doing
-- it's just not *flying*, to me. I want absolute control in all 3
dimensions before I'll call it "flying".

Well, we each get to have our own definition, but yours rules our
gliders and I definitely consider them to be flying.

Matt
Old November 30th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

wrote:

Lardbutt had no
descendents.
Roger (K8RI)

Wouldn't having the wings too small have caused Lardbutt to have a
descendents issue????

As yes. Actually I believe they say he rapidly discovered as he was
descending, his chances of having any descendents was descending
faster than his rate of descent.

Roger (K8RI)

Now THAT is what I call a decent post :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 30th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Well, we each get to have our own definition, but yours rules our
gliders and I definitely consider them to be flying.

How does my desire for absolute control in 3 dimensions rule out
gliders?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old November 30th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Well, we each get to have our own definition, but yours rules our
gliders and I definitely consider them to be flying.

How does my desire for absolute control in 3 dimensions rule out
gliders?

You don't have absolute control in the +z direction. No thermals, no
altitude gain. Even a balloon can go up and down at will. :-)

Matt