Too Old?

Old September 5th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Too Old?

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net writes:

5) FAA minimums on Ox usage are conservative enough to acomodate even heavy
smokers.

Perhaps they are conservative enough to keep smokers from dying, but not
conservative enough to shield smokers from the effects of altitude. Heavy
smokers can hardly increase in altitude at all without suffering the effects
of altitude, beginning with vision impairment, usually.

Funny, I'm a heavy smoker by anyone's definition, live at 1300 feet, and
at 8500 feet there is no effect on my vision.

Once at 7500 feet at night things got a little blurry and I became
concerned it might be oxygen effects, so I dropped down lower and
nothing changed even after I landed, so I chalked it up to being
tired that late at night.

Maybe your black and white, one size fits all, blanket statements just
aren't true for everyone.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 5th 08, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote in :

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net writes:

5) FAA minimums on Ox usage are conservative enough to acomodate
even heavy
smokers.

Perhaps they are conservative enough to keep smokers from dying, but
not conservative enough to shield smokers from the effects of
altitude. Heavy smokers can hardly increase in altitude at all
without suffering the effects
of altitude, beginning with vision impairment, usually.

No ****, when was the last time you flew a cabin load of heavy smokers
to altitude?

When's the last time you flew, Maxwell?

Bertie
Old September 5th 08, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote in :

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Well, there are a lot of private pilots operating airplanes at high
altitudes these days.
Leaving that aside, my intention as to highlight the damage done and
how that can comprimise someone operating at or near their limit.
It's something else stacked against you in a bad situation. .

What do peruvian mountain dwellers have to do with private pilots?

Point missed completely.

Yes, I know. Read it again.

You're a dumb ass, and you're trolling, and doing a **** poor job of
both.

Nope. I was offering my POV based on knowledge and some personal
experience.

But I could troll you if you like.

Bertie
Old September 5th 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote in news

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .

ALERT THE PRESS! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR! BERTIE HAS WRITTEN IN
SUPPORT OF A STATEMENT MADE BY MXSMANIC!!!!!

Ahhhh! WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!!! :-)

My guess would be a little to much ant poison in the chardonnay.

Of course it is, Maxine. Why would you guess anything else?

Berite
Old September 5th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Lonnie[_3_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote in :

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
writes:

More ignorant nonsense; if it were true about half the population of
Peru would be incapacitated.

Above a certain altitude, the population _is_ at least partially
incapacitated.

That's where you have the advantage, you're incapacitated at any
altitude.

And you're a dick.

Bertie

So now you are taking up for Anthony as well.