Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve

Old June 11th 04, 05:42 PM
Lisakbernacchia

Subject: Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve
From: Ed Rasimus
Date: 6/11/2004 11:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:59:56 -0400, "George Z. Bush"
wrote:

I committed no atrocities, am guilty of no war crimes, .....

If, in your entire career flying bomb-carrying combat aircraft, you ever
jettisoned your bomb load for whatever reason on other than your assigned
bona-fide target (let's say in a free fire zone), there are some who might

make
the argument that you most certainly did commit either an atrocity or a war
crime if your bombs landed on innocent enemy civilians. I personally don't

care
to pursue that point, but you ought not be shocked to learn that some people
might, and they're not necessarily unpatriotic because they feel that way.

"War crimes" need to be defined as violations of international accords
regarding the conduct of armed conflict. We can't ascribe the term to
whatever offends our particular sensibilities or suits our political
needs of the moment.

Jettisoning weapons in emergencies, for personal defense, etc, is NOT
a war crime. There is considerable difference between jettisoning a
weapons load and targeting innocents. One is acknowledged as an
unavoidable risk of a combat zone while the other is most assuredly
proscribed.

A "free-fire zone" is, in its entirety an area of unrestricted weapons
employment with only small exceptions, such as hospitals, refugee
camps, churches (religious buildings), and white flags exempt.
Delivering in a free-fire zone is not a war crime.

Certainly there are some who "might make the argument" that I "most
certainly did commit either an atrocity or a war crime (that's either
an interesting distinction or a redundancy) IF your bombs landed on
innocent enemy (oxymoron???) civilians." But making the argument isn't
following the definition of a war crime. Some might even accuse the
military of genocide or wholesale murder, but they would be employing
a despicable level of hyperbole.

The purpose of military operations is to "kill people and break
things". Doing anything less is a sure route to defeat.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"

As an expert on defeat, why did you get your ass beaten in Viet Nam?
Old June 11th 04, 05:56 PM
OXMORON1

BuffyToU "asked"
So "Heroism in battle" is the same as being stupid and reckless.

Heroism is one thing, going against policy and beaching/grounding your boat in
an area known to have recently contained enemy troops, to recover an empty RPG
launcher is stupid and endangers your crew. This is leadership?

Oxmoron1
Old June 11th 04, 06:51 PM
Kevin Brooks

From: Ed Rasimus
Date: 6/11/2004 11:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time
wrote:

[...]

He didn't. And you are hereby plonked for your demonstrated stupidity.

Brooks

Old June 11th 04, 08:41 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Lisakbernacchia" wrote in message

Is it true that Bush hid behind his dads apron strings in Texas while

Kerry was
at war?

No.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
"W" is JFK's son and Bush revenge killed Kennedy in 1963 Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Aerobatics 0 August 28th 04 11:28 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM