What have we learned from all this?

Old April 12th 20, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun Wheeler

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 12:02:02 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 11:09:29 AM UTC-4, Shaun Wheeler wrote:
Haven't seen this much hysteria since the 2016 election was over.

Shaun, you must not be seeing any news, remember the Russian conspiracy that the whack's dreamed up. Bob

I already miss the days when 5G held the top spot.

The evening body counts though, that's a nice touch. Reminded me very much of 1968-1972. About the only thing that would make my flashback complete would be a CGI animation of Harry Reasoner and Walter Cronkite delivering it.

((sigh))

Oh well. I'll burn some incense, put on some "Country Joe and the Fish" and invite the neighbors kids to come burn a couple blunts while I fire up my old blacklight.
Old April 12th 20, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dont forget the hippy beads and the lava lamp
Old April 12th 20, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Surely there has to be a political Google Group where this discussion is more appropriate.

Lou
Old April 12th 20, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun Wheeler

On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 8:54:52 AM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
Surely there has to be a political Google Group where this discussion is more appropriate.

Lou

Ignore politics long enough and the only flying you'll be doing is with paper airplanes.

Old April 12th 20, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

To lighten the spirit a little, here's a song on the subject:
https://youtu.be/I3xpRZITi2w

--
Dan, 5J

Old April 12th 20, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dan, Great song......brought a smile to my face! Thanks!

Rich
Old April 12th 20, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We were warned repeatedly over the last 15-20 years that a pandemic was coming.

Sure, but there was also a warning in all the years since 1918 or maybe since the plague. But given the high false alarm rate for a will certainly happen eventually warning, what made any specific warning to any specific administration stand out?

Except of course with the advantage of hindsight after it happened.