Friendly Fire Notebook

Old April 26th 04, 04:40 PM

Buzzer wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:16:59 GMT, "Gord Beaman" )
wrote:

Not a bit surprising Guy...the finest minds in the world are all
prone to these kinds of 'filling in' from the observed hints
intermixed with what the witness expects to happen and intermixed
again with his prior memories etc.

Pilot walks into debriefing at Ubon around in 67 and talks about the
heavy AAA around the target. I believe just above the DMZ. Pilot is
really hyped up talking about evasive actions, etc. Another crew
walking by the door hears him and starts laughing. It wasn't AAA. It
was the CBUs the other crew had just dropped.

The human mind is a fearsomely convoluted unit indeed.
(especially mine when I can't find my GD car in the full lot)

They have long range remote beepers just for that situation. My cousin
had my uncles car outfitted with one, and showed my uncle how it
worked over at our house. Put the little remote on my uncles key
chain. Uncle went home and then returned in about an hour. Couldn't
figure out what the new thing was on his key chain...

LOL...pretty good...I have the -real- answer though...buy a PT
Cruiser, then you can just casually look over the lot and spot
the ugly rising above it.

:
--

-Gord.

"Friendly fire" Mike Military Aviation 0 March 19th 04 03:36 PM
B-52 crew blamed for friendly fire death Paul Hirose Military Aviation 0 March 16th 04 01:49 AM
U.S. won't have to reveal other friendly fire events: Schmidt's lawyers hoped to use other incidents to help their case Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 18th 03 09:44 PM
Fire officer tops in field — again Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 October 13th 03 08:37 PM
Friendly fire pilot may testify against wingman Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 October 11th 03 09:32 PM