Wanted: Tail Dolly for Grob 102 Club III

Old May 4th 10, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mitch Deutsch

Default Wanted: Tail Dolly for Grob 102 Club III

The Mid-Georgia Soaring Association is looking for a tail dolly for a Grob
102 Club III, if such a piece of equipment exists. (Our ship this is the
version with a nose wheel, not the tail dragger version with the hole in the
bottom of the boom in front of the tailwheel).

Anyone know of the existence of one?

Thanks
Mitch Deutsch
MGSA Treasurer

Old May 4th 10, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus Graeber

Hi Mitch,

The version you are talking about is the Grob G 102 Club Astir III b,
the Club (as opposed to Standard) identifies the fixed gear version,
the b at the end indicates the version with the nose wheel. We have
one which we bought in Germany last year and it came with a proper
tail dolly and tow-out bar:

http://aeroclub.vajra.com/grobs/originals/P1000764.JPG

The tail dolly is no differnt from any other run of the mill tail
dolly, anybody familiar with fiberglass work should be able to build
one. The hardware needed for it (wheel with base, closures) should be
available at any home depot etc.

Markus Graeber
Aeroclub de Colombia

Old May 4th 10, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
toad

On May 4, 9:10*am, Markus Graeber wrote:
[...]

MGSA Treasurer- Hide quoted text -

Just be sure to securely attach the wheel to the cuff. Don't ask me
how I know :-)

LS4 tail dolly Leigh Soaring 0 May 30th 08 02:02 AM
Tail dolly wanted Adam Soaring 0 January 20th 08 11:00 PM
ASK-21 - is a tail dolly necessary? Dave Springford Soaring 7 December 31st 07 08:43 AM
FS: ASW-24 Tail Dolly [email protected] Soaring 0 December 26th 06 02:40 PM
WTB: used tail dolly David Campbell Soaring 5 April 17th 06 03:19 PM