Skymaster MEL

Old April 24th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default Skymaster MEL

Sylvain wrote:
I don't mean to be picky, but would one engine out exercises performed
in a B-52 be as interesting as performed in say, a civilian light twin?

Wouldn't that depend on whether that engine out was caused by a SAM? G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old April 24th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

NO!!!

NOT THE DREADED SEVEN ENGINE LANDING!!!!

"Sylvain" wrote in message
t...
I don't mean to be picky, but would one engine out exercises performed
in a B-52 be as interesting as performed in say, a civilian light twin?

:-)

--Sylvain

BT wrote:
true.. same for F-15 and T-38

showing a valid (current) military check ride in something like a B-52 or
KC-135, C-17, C141
will remove the restriction
BT

Old April 24th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 23, 6:05 pm, "BT" wrote:
true.. same for F-15 and T-38

showing a valid (current) military check ride in something like a B-52 or
KC-135, C-17, C141
will remove the restriction
BT

They're not going to let F-15 jocks behind something a complicated at
a B-52 though are they? Figure 20 times the number of knobs alone.

-Robert

Old April 25th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Luke Skywalker

BT wrote:
true.. same for F-15 and T-38

showing a valid (current) military check ride in something like a B-52 or
KC-135, C-17, C141
will remove the restriction
BT- Hide quoted text -

Depends on the actual airplane weight.

A B737/800 at max gross will perform better then a 135HP Apache on one
because the regs say that it has to meet certian climb gradient
requirments...and fortunatly I have only had the pleasure at Max gross
in a simulator...but having taken my MEL in a 135HP Apache the first
time I tried "the Pig" at max gross...I have flashbacks...

Robert

Old April 25th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Luke Skywalker wrote:
A B737/800 at max gross will perform better then a 135HP Apache on one
because the regs say that it has to meet certian climb gradient
requirments...and fortunatly I have only had the pleasure at Max gross
in a simulator...but having taken my MEL in a 135HP Apache the first
time I tried "the Pig" at max gross...I have flashbacks...

Such a beast existed? I flew for a company that had a Geronimo conversion with
180 hp per side and also an older uncoverted Apache with 150 hp per side. I
cannot imagine that twin with less hp than 150 per side. It did pretty good
with 180 but was anemic with 150. At 135 I think you'd have needed a catapult
to launch.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old April 25th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bill Zaleski

BT wrote:
true.. same for F-15 and T-38

showing a valid (current) military check ride in something like a B-52 or
KC-135, C-17, C141
will remove the restriction
BT- Hide quoted text -

Depends on the actual airplane weight.

A B737/800 at max gross will perform better then a 135HP Apache on one
because the regs say that it has to meet certian climb gradient
requirments...and fortunatly I have only had the pleasure at Max gross
in a simulator...but having taken my MEL in a 135HP Apache the first
time I tried "the Pig" at max gross...I have flashbacks...

Robert

The lowest horsepower Apache made was 150 H.P., but still was
underpowered.
Old April 25th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carter[_1_]

....and one thing for absolutely certain - single engine the 150 Apache was
going to land...somewhere. I did my MEL in a twin Comanche and though multi
was a wonderful new adventure. Switched to the Apache and dropped the word
"wonderful" from "new adventure"...

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas

"Luke Skywalker" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 23, 8:43 pm, Sylvain wrote:
Depends on the actual airplane weight.

clipped for brevity

Old April 25th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Clark

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:16:07 -0700, C J Campbell
wrote:

If this is a pressurized Skymaster you might as well get the
pressurized and high altitude sign-offs as well.

Does the pressurized Skymaster have a service ceiling in excess of
FL250?
Old April 25th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
Sylvain wrote:

I don't mean to be picky, but would one engine out exercises performed
in a B-52 be as interesting as performed in say, a civilian light twin?

There is a term for that in the military...

In the case of the B52, the dreaded seven engine approach

Skymaster-type kits? Home Built 7 January 24th 04 12:23 AM
Pressurized Skymaster Owning 2 August 31st 03 04:08 PM