Report from Arlington

Old July 12th 03, 07:22 PM
Big John

Ron

Yep. Robert is my Son-in-law. He and my daughter just got back from 6
months in FL working on their ocean going sail boat.

Being gone so much of the year now not sure how active is or going to
be in '26' ?

Be sure and tell him you talked to that crazy guy from Houston on
r.a.h. G

Yesterday daughter said the Seattle Wx was the best it had been for
years at Arlington.

All the best to you and the others who made Arlington. Slosh a cold
one for me.

Big John

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 05:03:30 GMT, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:34:08 -0500, Big John wrote:

If you see my son-in-law, Robert Borovec say hello from his Father-in-
law. He is probably around the UL he donated to Arlington for display
or selling a couple of engines he brought to clean out his garage on
Mercer island.

Geeze, John, you're a relative of Rob's???!!! I know him from Chapter 26.
His ultralight was stationed in the middle of the Forums area. That's the
one he had Paul Poberezny autograph the wing root....

And for those asking: It's "W a n t t a j a". Just like it's pronounced.

I gots pictures from Arlington, but they're all of Fly Babies....

Ron Wanttaja

Old July 13th 03, 02:58 AM
John Thompson

How many noon patrollers ARE planning to be at Oshkosh?

(I mean the nieuports

John

Old July 14th 03, 02:39 PM
Gary Thomas

"Rich S." wrote:

At Arlington today, the following rah ilk were spotted, foraging amongst the
dry grass and halter tops:

Ron "the Red" Waantaja was seated in a custom 3" high lawn chair emblazoned
with a Flybaby logo - under Moonraker's wing. He seemed kind of low.

John Ousterhout, having spent the night with John Ammeter, showed up a bit
late this morning. When asked if he had been treated to more than a few
glasses of "Arrogant ******* Ale" replied, "I'm not sure".

Robert "O-Ring" Seals was his usual gentlemanly self, smiling and saying a
few words to all his many friends. I didn't have the heart to tell him about
his fly.

and . . . just to be honest . . .

Rich S. wore long pants today trying to conceal the fact that he had broken
out with heat rash from being up there on Wednesday.

I didn't take any pictures today. The only ones I took Wednesday were to
show how the weather was. You can see them at:
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo1.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo2.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo3.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo4.jpg

Rich "Gawd, I itch" S.

Jeez Rich I remember days like that when I grew up in the northwest.
That picture that shows Renier is beautiful. I am flooded with
nostalgia.

Gary
Old July 14th 03, 03:18 PM
Rich S.

"Gary Thomas" wrote in message
Jeez Rich I remember days like that when I grew up in the northwest.
That picture that shows Renier is beautiful. I am flooded with
nostalgia.

Gary......

The air was indeed clear as a bell that morning. The mountain in the pic
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo3.jpg is actually quite a ways
North of Mt. Rainier. I believe that one is known as Three Fingers (el.
6880') and is due East of Arlington.

Rich S.

Old July 14th 03, 03:51 PM
O-ring Seals

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:42:16 -0700, "Rich S."
wrote:

[...]

I hope that the next time Rich notices a fly in my beer that he will
have the decency to let me know. Nearly chocked on the damn thing.
Also to be seen at AWO were Capt'n Jarvis and his lovely (now fiancee)
Kaz. Had dinner with them and several of the other RAH folks Friday
night. She is quite a character. I flew home Saturday AM. Great wx
except for the headwind.

O-ring