From The Movies: Peregon (2006) - Peregon(2006).jpg

Old November 11th 06, 08:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scott Skylane

Default From The Movies: Peregon (2006) - Peregon(2006).jpg

William R Thompson wrote:

My Dad served in Alaska during the war (he drove a
mail truck along the AlCan Highway for APO 985).
From what he said, I doubt that a Soviet pilot would have
had the time for a romance. Russian pilots evidently had
orders to get home as fast as they could; Dad saw a few
P-39s crash on take-off, and heard from American ground
crew that their pilots sometimes ignored instructions to
warm up the engines in cold weather.

/snip/

There is still wreckage of what I think was a P-39 along side the
Anchorage-Fairbanks highway. It's located near Cantwell, about
half-way, just a few hundred yards east of the road. This is at the
highest elevation of the highway, I imagine some pilot was trying to
sneak his way through the pass, and didn't make it. Not much left but
the half melted hulk of an engine, and what looks like wing
center-section structure.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old November 11th 06, 11:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Stas

Default AlSib Route--USAAF mechanics and Soviet Pilot

Thanks, Bill!
Very interesting. It would be cool to see such a fleet of Cobras, and
have a photocamera in hands, of cource. :-)

I can just imagine the conversation:

Moravetz: "Man it's cold!"

Postovsky: "It's *really* cold!"

Kiyan: "You Americans, always joking!"

--Bill Thompson

Old November 12th 06, 01:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

Default AlSib Route-P39s on field (1 megabyte)

Zowie!
Where did all those Allison engines get spirited off too?

"William R Thompson" wrote in message
nk.net...

Old November 12th 06, 02:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
William R Thompson

"Alan" wrote:

Zowie!
Where did all those Allison engines get spirited off too?

The Russian Front, as part of Lend-Lease.

--Bill Thompson

Old November 12th 06, 05:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:56:22 -0000, Stas wrote:

Just minute ago checked the web. Here what I found.
http://www.ctb.ru/en/newfilms.jsp
Description in English.
DVD should have English.

Where to buy - on Internet I could not find who's selling legal DVDs,
only pirated MPEG4, which is not worthy to buy. If someone wants, can
find it in inet, but it will be only Russian audio. We have to wait a
bit, movie is very new - from July. One more fact against pirated
MPEG4s - according to inet rumor, they miss last 20 minutes of the
film.

Rumour started by the capitalist movie makers.

Ha. Originally film is 140 minutes.
I hope to get DVD myself and can inform if it really has English
language or subs.

Are these films available with English subtitles?
Also, where would one buy these?
Thanks.

____
.---'- \
.-----------/ \
/ ( \ ^ | __
& ( \ O / / .'
'._/( '-' (. (_.' /
\ \ ./
\ \ | |/ '._.'
) @).____\| @ |
. / / ( |
\|, '_:::\ . .. '_:::\ ..\).
Old November 13th 06, 04:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Stas wrote:
Just minute ago checked the web. Here what I found.
http://www.ctb.ru/en/newfilms.jsp
Description in English.
DVD should have English.

Where to buy - on Internet I could not find who's selling legal DVDs,
only pirated MPEG4, which is not worthy to buy. If someone wants, can
find it in inet, but it will be only Russian audio. We have to wait a
bit, movie is very new - from July. One more fact against pirated
MPEG4s - according to inet rumor, they miss last 20 minutes of the
film. Ha. Originally film is 140 minutes.
I hope to get DVD myself and can inform if it really has English
language or subs.

Are these films available with English subtitles?
Also, where would one buy these?
Thanks.

Thanks for checking that out Stas!
I will wait for the results of your research.
By the way, the name of the Alaskan city is Fairbanks.
Thanks again.

--
PC Paul
89 PC800

Trip pics at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/paul1cart/my_photos

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt

Old November 14th 06, 04:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Alan" wrote in news:PQt5h.251709$R52.138140
@fe07.news.easynews.com:

Zowie!
Where did all those Allison engines get spirited off too?

And just to be pedantic - because I'm old and I get to - these are P-63
KingCobras.

Bob ^,,^

RotoFest 2006 Digital Voices General Aviation 0 October 15th 06 10:50 PM
Cambridge Fly-In 2006 Gavin Simulators 0 June 26th 06 03:30 PM
Oil Independence Day 2006 Linda Jo Naval Aviation 1 June 14th 06 07:10 PM
2006 Region 3 Contest - August 27th thru Sept, 2nd, 2006 Tim Hanke Soaring 0 January 25th 06 11:20 PM
OLC 2006 Howard Banks Soaring 0 October 24th 05 05:12 AM