Cherokee Kid got engaged

Old September 15th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Cherokee Kid got engaged

On Sep 14, 12:45*pm, Tony Condon
wrote:
I guess I didn't announce this to all you RAS readers, but I got engaged
last spring, am getting married in the fall. *I thought you all might be
interested to see our engagement photos, taken at the Wichita Gliderport.

http://picasaweb.google.com/abcondon/EngagementPhotos#

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y

Congrats to both of you Tony.................going on 28 years for
me..............and she still let's me go fly!
Brad
Old September 15th 09, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

Brad wrote:
On Sep 14, 12:45 pm, Tony Condon
wrote:
I guess I didn't announce this to all you RAS readers, but I got engaged
last spring, am getting married in the fall. I thought you all might be
interested to see our engagement photos, taken at the Wichita Gliderport.

http://picasaweb.google.com/abcondon/EngagementPhotos#

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y

Congrats to both of you Tony.................going on 28 years for
me..............and she still let's me go fly!
Brad

Hey, after 23 years the wife actively encourages me to spend time with
the mistress.
She even encouraged moving up to Mistress 2.0 with better legs.

Wife 1.0's only gliding rule is she does not tow glider trailers. Will
fetch me to fetch the trailer but that's it. My only rule is the wife
comes first.

Happy soaring and marriage seem to be possible. Congratulations , good
luck and lots pleasure from both.

Old September 15th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alex[_5_]

On Sep 14, 12:45*pm, Tony Condon
wrote:
I guess I didn't announce this to all you RAS readers, but I got engaged
last spring, am getting married in the fall. *I thought you all might be
interested to see our engagement photos, taken at the Wichita Gliderport.

http://picasaweb.google.com/abcondon/EngagementPhotos#

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y

I am so jealous. Having all that fun on those X-country flights, and
now
this! Reminds me of when I was about your age and we spent
our honeymoon at
the 1979 Open Class Nationals at Minden. I'm still married after
30 years. I would advise a very
short engagement. Get married and have her sign on the dotted line
ASAP, before she has a chance to change her mind.

Old September 15th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vaughn[_2_]

"Alex" wrote in message
I would advise a very
short engagement. Get married and have her sign on the dotted line
ASAP, before she has a chance to change her mind.

I second that recomendation. Good luck!

Marriage was the best deal I ever made. I hope it is the same for you two.

Vaughn

Old September 15th 09, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon[_2_]

Thanks everyone.

Alex - honeymoon at the open class nationals?? Now I'm jealous.

We were engaged at end of Feb and marrying middle of october. not too
long by modern standards. although shes had 3 1/2 years to change her
mind and hasn't yet.

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y
Old September 15th 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

Bachelor by definition:

someone who hasn't made the same mistake once )

tim
(just kidding....still on my honeymoon after 22 years)

Old September 16th 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You guys have NO IDEA... I know Leah a little and she is amazing...
She has spent weeks not only in the boundary waters but on freeking
Hudsons Bay where humans are not on the top of the food chain, out of
contact with civilization, living out of a canoe hundreds of miles
from the nearest road. She went cross country skiing with me one
night when it was 10 below F (without the wind chill) here in Iowa
when no one else would even think of going outside. She took about 5
minutes of trailer towing lessons and took off after Tony with hardly
a shrug. She's logged a fair number of hours of dual given and maybe
even more as Tony's co-pilot. She might solo one of these days if she
can fit it into her active schedule of engineering and rowing crew
duties. She's interested in flying, but not easily dazzled. She is
one cool customer and a sweetheart too. Tony is a lucky guy.
Old September 16th 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jb92563

Congrats Tony.

Golden rule is to look at her mom and see what you think as thats
where genetics tend to lean.

Just a note though that you better get your toys early on as later on
toys for one partner only are not a priority and
seem nearly impossible to acquire until your more senior years.

You seem like a great couple, so enjoy your lives together and savor
all those little moments as they
will last you a lifetime and help you through the rought spots.

Best Wishes

Ray

Old September 17th 09, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nate_fl

On Sep 14, 3:45*pm, Tony Condon
wrote:
I guess I didn't announce this to all you RAS readers, but I got engaged
last spring, am getting married in the fall. *I thought you all might be
interested to see our engagement photos, taken at the Wichita Gliderport.

http://picasaweb.google.com/abcondon/EngagementPhotos#

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y

Congratulations, Sir. Taking my girlfriend (now wife) to the
gliderport was one of the smartest things I ever did.

Nate