For those that want to contribute ahead of time to the annual r.a.*OSH party

Old June 26th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default For those that want to contribute ahead of time to the annual r.a.*OSH party

Anyone who wants to chip in ahead of time so that folks like Jim B. and
MontBlack can have some working capital for buying food for the party,
e-mail me, Jim B. or Jay H. for Jim's Paypal info. Some people (who
shall remain nameless but tend to build awesome coolers for said event)
go way above and beyond providing foodstuffs...yet say things like "Oh,
just buy me a lollipop" when one tries to hand him cash. So, Jim and I
take matters into our own hands (well, Jim is the local guy buying
stuff, it was my idea, and Jay liked it too).

Jim promises me he won't go spend it all on something for the Aztec or
(burp) drink it all away :-P

It's either this or we blindfold and tie up MontBlack then stuff money
in his pockets. After MontBlack sweats in the OSH sun all day, I'd much
rather send Jim some funds via Paypal ahead of time.

Four weeks until our planned OSH arrival. Dang, I can almost smell the
brats :-P

BTW, a big thanks ahead of time to Jim and MontBlack for coordinating
the menu, hauling the grills/tables/food/etc. Those guys really knocked
themselves out last year...and I know that MontBlack is looking forward
to the debut of PMC 2.0. Does someone have the press release ready? :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old June 26th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Some people (who
shall remain nameless but tend to build awesome coolers for said event)
go way above and beyond providing foodstuffs...yet say things like "Oh,
just buy me a lollipop" when one tries to hand him cash. So, Jim and I
take matters into our own hands (well, Jim is the local guy buying
stuff, it was my idea, and Jay liked it too).

Heck, yeah! Montblack musta spent $250 on food for last year's
shin-dig, and wouldn't take a dime in return. Of course, he DID give
all of our beer away to those thirsty CFIs, but still...

Aside from his expenses, I think he deserves cash just for risking jail
time to get all the stuff (grills, and other prohibited fire-making
devices) out to our campsite. That big yellow "Volunteer" t-shirt he
wears has (thus far) gotten him past the gendarmes, but his luck can't
hold forever.

But remember: If you can't spring $$$ in advance, just remember to
bring a 6-pack of good beer. If things work out like last year, we'll
need as much as we can get...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 26th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Jay Honeck wrote:

Heck, yeah! Montblack musta spent $250 on food for last year's
shin-dig, and wouldn't take a dime in return.

Ah, so it's not just me. Here I thought maybe it was something about
taking cash from a left coaster...er, something :-)

Aside from his expenses, I think he deserves cash just for risking jail
time to get all the stuff (grills, and other prohibited fire-making
devices) out to our campsite.

Another possible use for the funds: Posting bail should the EAA cops
throw Paul into the slammer :-)

Old June 26th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Jack Allison wrote:
Anyone who wants to chip in ahead of time so that folks like Jim B. and
MontBlack can have some working capital for buying food for the party,
e-mail me, Jim B. or Jay H. for Jim's Paypal info.

Sure, Jack, I'd like to contribute. Thanks for organizing.

(1) Do I need a paypal account to send money to someone else's paypal account?

(2) Has a date/time been set for the party? I won't be there all week, but will
try to plan around being there for the party if I know when it will be.

Phonetically: Emm-twenty-jay-flyer at (rhymes with)wahoo dawt kom

Dave
Old June 27th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Jay Honeck wrote:

But remember: If you can't spring $$$ in advance, just remember to
bring a 6-pack of good beer. If things work out like last year, we'll
need as much as we can get...

We'll bring wine AND a cork screw this year (no using tie downs to
open the bottles).
Old June 27th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Ron Natalie wrote:

We'll bring wine AND a cork screw this year (no using tie downs to
open the bottles).

You know Ron, if we talk nice enough to MontBlack, I'd bet he could add
a cork screw to the contents of the airplane of minivans. Then again, I
recall some interesting "wine in a box" threads (what's that I hear,
Paul googling for the reference?)...so...maybe bringing your own is a
good idea. :-)

Old June 27th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Dave Butler wrote:
Jack Allison wrote:

Anyone who wants to chip in ahead of time so that folks like Jim B.
and MontBlack can have some working capital for buying food for the
party, e-mail me, Jim B. or Jay H. for Jim's Paypal info.

Sure, Jack, I'd like to contribute. Thanks for organizing.

You're welcome, not a problem.

(1) Do I need a paypal account to send money to someone else's paypal
account?

Unfortunately, yes. There is always the option of slipping Jim some
cash once at the event.

(2) Has a date/time been set for the party? I won't be there all week,
but will try to plan around being there for the party if I know when it
will be.

I don't want to step on our favorite Iowa City hotel proprietor's
toes...but the date is Wednesday. Time: after the air show...but I
can't remember when that ends. So...I'll leave it to said hotel
proprietor to make a separate "You're invited" thread

Old June 27th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article ,
Jack Allison wrote:

I don't want to step on our favorite Iowa City hotel proprietor's
toes...

Ahem... I believe the proper term is "innkeeper".
Old June 27th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

john smith wrote:

Ahem... I believe the proper term is "innkeeper".

Well, maybe...maybe not. Seems like pretty much the same thing:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proprietor

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/innkeeper

And here I thought you were going to say "Good idea, I'm in" :-)

Old June 27th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article ,
Jack Allison wrote:

And here I thought you were going to say "Good idea, I'm in" :-)

We still don't know what we are doing. It is our 20th anniversary, so we
are looking at a "grand" vacation to some nether regions. Time is
running out and the MRS is pressuring ME to make a decision!
What's a MR MOM to do!!!!