To Walter Eisele and Comrades

Old December 3rd 03, 09:29 AM
Janusz Kesik

How can you hope to compete with the German University trained =
whiz-kid
designers?

Huh... I'll have a great mood for today! Laugh is good in the morning. =

Stereotypes again...

Have a nice day,

Janusz Kesik

visit
www.leszno.pl - home of the www.css-leszno.it.pl

Old December 3rd 03, 12:42 PM
Janusz Kesik

Wait for the new HPH 304(5)S and the 'new' SZD-56 (
read the daily bullitens from Leszno WGC for new developments
planned

The '56' is in the production already. You can always contact the =
designer at:
www.bpberes.com.pl
I might give a wrong address, just typing from the memory. If it's =
wrong, I'll send the good one later.

This thread is just about some (umfortunately many) people whose minds =
can't accept that the Germany, US, UK and few other nations hasn't =
monopoly for a high quality production or service and the East Europe =
which can intercept much of the production as we can do it at least =
equally good and at the lower price.

Regards,

--=20

Old December 3rd 03, 03:32 PM
Guy Byars

intercept much of the production as we can do it at least equally good and

at the lower price.

Equally good in Eastern Europe? Like, Duo-Discus spars for example?

Old December 3rd 03, 04:35 PM
Nils Hoeimyr

Guy Byars wrote:
intercept much of the production as we can do it at least equally good and

at the lower price.

Equally good in Eastern Europe? Like, Duo-Discus spars for example?

Well, I would not judge all producers in Eastern Europe on the basis of
one sub-contractor.

Neither SZD- nor LAK gliders have had any similar problems. I guess the
whole question of quality boils down to engineering and responsibilities
for quality control.

As in many other areas of business, excessive sub-contracting may lower
quality, as the sub-contractors may not always take the same interest
and pride in the end product.

We all agree the Germans are good with glider design and manufacturing.
But also Poland and Lithuania have long traditions with composite
stuctures as well as research in low-speed aerodynamics. One should not
dismiss the Slovenes or Czech either.

Nils

Old December 3rd 03, 04:58 PM
Kevin Neave

And how many German Duos / Discuses were inspected
to see that they didn't have similar problems ?

:-)

Old December 3rd 03, 05:14 PM
Young Pratt

Come on dont knock the east too much,some of the designs and proformance have
been very good,build quality crap, but then without materials! im sure ive
seen some eastern manifactures walking around BQ looking at various hinges and
screws,ask Tim Mc fad,and Graham Morris what they think of eastern build
quality.Or better still check the BGA TECH page and add up all the M mods for both
east and west gliders.

The real issue is if your poor buy eastern crap,and if your Dad is rich get
him to buy western over priced gliders, purhaps we could have some more
nationals! or better still make the gsa fly the eastern regionals flying eastern
gliders and all the rich people fly from the south and west with the best west
gliders and we could all stay in The Best Western hotels and the poor with the
gsa stay in tents!

Old December 4th 03, 04:30 AM
Slingsby

Tanel wrote in message ...
Think a little bit. Do you call Lak-17/19 and Genesis2, HPH produced
Glasfluegel 304CZ and ELAN/AMS gliders DG-505/1000 eastern-block
manufactured crap? Lak-17 showed its perfomance at Lezsno last summer
and it wasn't bad at all.

Tanel (flown Blaniks Jantars and Laks- all so called eastern-block
manufactured crap)

John wrote:

The LAK 17/19 and Genesis gliders made at the LAK factory are all very
well manufactured products with a high degree of workmanship. They
also use (at least the Genesis) parts and raw materials which come
from USA, Germany, England and Sweden. Carpenter steel, AN hardware,
Cleveland wheel and brake systems and hydraulics; springs from Century
Spring. Resin and glass/carbon/kevlar cloth from Germany; bearings,
bellcranks, pushrods, hinges, pivots etc. from Germany and the USA.
Foam from Sweden springs and gas struts from England. What the LAK
17/19 and Genesis gliders DON"T have is tinkertoy wing spars which
have to be bonded blindly and then aren't/can't be inspected for bond
continuity after assembly. If the LS gliders get transferred to LAK
they shgould let the LAK engineers redesign the wing so it has a good
strong well glued spar instead of a maybe so maybe not upper spar cap.
Old December 4th 03, 01:54 PM
Janusz Kesik

Actually the address is www.beres.com.pl

Regards,

JK

Old December 4th 03, 03:05 PM
Peter Meilhede

Guy Byars wrote:

intercept much of the production as we can do it at least equally good and

at the lower price.

Equally good in Eastern Europe? Like, Duo-Discus spars for example?

I believe SchempHirth actually owns the plant where the are are build!:
"Die Mitarbeiter der Filiale Chocen, welche seit 1997 unter dem Namen
Schempp-Hirth Vyroba Letadel firmiert, waren vorher im
Flugzeugbau des bekannten Herstellers ORLICAN tätig und
sind im Rahmen von Strukturumwandlungen als egenständiger Betrieb von
Schempp-Hirth übernommenen worden.
Laufende Schulungen im Stammhaus und Qualitätssicherungsmaßnahmen vor
Ort waren natürlich von Anbeginn der wichtigste Bestandteil der
Kooperation und sind heute die Basis einer vorsichtigen
Expansionspolitik über die Landesgrenzen hinaus."

Its a snip from:
http://www.schempp-hirth.com/de/unte...e13/index.html

If they got qualityproblems, then its a SH problem!

Best regards

Peter