Busy airports and small GA

Old July 22nd 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default OT: xyzzy

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote:
Just curious ... How many of you know the origin of xyzzy, without
cheating and looking it up?

Nothing happens.

I'm in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Let's just say that I do recall eventually seeing the Fortran code for it
(a port to MNF for a CDC 6400), a few years after I'd played it on a 110
baud Teletype(R). That was about thirty years ago.
Old July 22nd 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_5_]

Jim Logajan wrote:

Nothing happens.

I'm in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

LOL! If you ever get out, check out Flight Simulator 2.0. Depending
on your display, you can get 4-color graphics!

-c
Old July 22nd 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

On Jul 22, 3:39*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
"Jon Woellhaf" wrote:
Just curious ... How many of you know the origin of xyzzy, without
cheating and looking it up?

Does that question interest you?

Nothing happens.

Does it please you to know nothing happens?

I'm in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Please go on.

Let's just say that I do recall eventually seeing the Fortran code for it

Why do you recall eventually seeing the Fortran code for it?

(a port to MNF for a CDC 6400), a few years after I'd played it on a 110
baud Teletype(R). That was about thirty years ago.

Can you elaborate on that?

--------------

Who remembers that, w/o looking it up?
Old July 22nd 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jon Woellhaf writes:

Just curious ... How many of you know the origin of xyzzy, without cheating
and looking it up?

I do.
Old July 22nd 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Busy airports and small GA

buttman writes:

A lot of times they only charge you if you use the FBO, which is
everytime unless you're just doing a touch and go. Sometimes they
waive the fee if you buy a ton of gas (like literally a ton),
sometimes they only charge a fee if the aircraft is certified to weigh
anymore than a certain amount. It all really depends. In my
experience, the fee is very informal, and if you REALLY wanted to get
out of paying, you could probably just take off and I don't think much
would happen. Sometimes my company flies to large airports which have
landing fees, but we only ever go to the cargo apron and drop off, so
we never visit a FBO, and therefore never pay anything. I know for a
fact we flew into Toronto a few months ago, dropped off at some cargo
hangar, filed our flight plan back to KYIP, then took right back off.
Later I looked it up, and there is indeed a landing fee there that we
most certainly did not pay. All though they may have called one of our
dispatchers to collect the fee...

I thought a FBO was a private enterprise that operated on the premises of the
airport, not part of the airport mangement itself. What exactly is the
relationship of the FBO to the airport? Can't there be multiple FBOs at an
airport?
Old July 22nd 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote:
Just curious ... How many of you know the origin of xyzzy, without
cheating and looking it up?

Does that question interest you?

Nothing happens.

Does it please you to know nothing happens?

I'm in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Please go on.

Let's just say that I do recall eventually seeing the Fortran code
for it

Why do you recall eventually seeing the Fortran code for it?

(a port to MNF for a CDC 6400), a few years after I'd played it on a
110 baud Teletype(R). That was about thirty years ago.

Can you elaborate on that?

--------------

Who remembers that, w/o looking it up?

Again, I do - and I didn't need a therapist to help me remember.
Old July 22nd 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

buttman writes:

[...]

You don't have enough brains to think, moron.

Old July 22nd 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jon Woellhaf writes:

Just curious ... How many of you know the origin of xyzzy, without
cheating and looking it up?

I do.

You looked it up. You are not competent to learn anything and have cheated
all your life.

Old July 22nd 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
buttman writes:

[...]

There you go trying to think about real world things again with no
frame of reference.

FBO stands for "Fixed Base Operator" and says nothing about who owns,
runs, or otherwise has any part in its operation, nor does it say
anything about how many there may or may not be at any particular
location anymore than the phrase "gas pump" says anything other than
a machine that dispenses gas.

The only thing that can be definatively said about the relationship
of a FBO to an airport is that it is on the airport.

If you were a real pilot you would have learned about FBO's in the
first couple of hours of instruction along with how to operate the
gas pump and how to refuel the airplane.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 22nd 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

Default xyzzy

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in message
Just curious ... How many of you know the origin of xyzzy, without
cheating and looking it up?

I believe the correct answer is....

Who gives a $hit?

I could be wrong though.