PCL for helicopters question

Old December 3rd 03, 09:02 PM
Slav Inger

Default PCL for helicopters question

Hi all,

Sorry haven't been participating much lately, "free time" has become
just a figure of speech for me lately. Quick question: I'm not a
helicopter pilot, so I don't have any first-hand experience with this.
A family member is an electrician and works at a hospital where they're
thinking of overhauling the PCL system at the helicopter pad. According
to them, when the helicopter pilot on approach activates the lights,
different colored lights blink in a certain pattern. They need to know
what procedures need to be followed when overhauling the system. All
I've been able to find so far is AC 70/7460-1K which talks about putting
up obstruction lighting, but it doesn't seem to address their question.
Has anyone come across anything like this? Thanks in advance.
Old December 4th 03, 08:41 AM
Larry Fransson

On 2003-12-03 12:02:48 -0800, Slav Inger said:

They need to know
what procedures need to be followed when overhauling the system. All
I've been able to find so far is AC 70/7460-1K which talks about putting
up obstruction lighting, but it doesn't seem to address their question.
Has anyone come across anything like this? Thanks in advance.

I'd say a call to the FSDO is in order. They will certainly have a much more
definitive and authoritative answer than any of us is likely to have.

--
Larry Fransson
Seattle, WA