Flying just got cheaper!!

Old April 23rd 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying just got cheaper!!

Has anyone heard of the new Sport Pilot program? Basically, it's a
brand-new pilot rule created by the FAA that lets you fly at half the
cost of a traditional pilot license. No medical needed--if you can
drive a car, you can fly an airplane! You can become a sport pilot with
as little as 20 hours of flight instruction. You can fly a one or
two-seater aircraft capable of speeds up to 138mph. And in most cases,
you can pass the medical requirements just by showing your driver's
license! That's not all...

Now you can:
1.) Obtain an FAA pilot certificate at a lower cost and with less time
commitment than ever before.
2.) Fly a sport pilot-eligible aircraft with your driver's license
serving as evidence of medical eligibility.
3.) Purchase new, more affordable, ready-to-fly aircraft.
4.) Make your dreams of flying come true more easily and less
expensively.
5.) Fly interesting alternative aircraft such as powered parachutes,
weight shift-controlled (trikes), gliders, gyroplanes, or balloons.
6.) Maintain your own aircraft

Anyone here going to try this program out? My friend just trained in
Texas and he said he was certified under 21 hours and only paid a total
of $2,300!

It's cool cuz you can pick basically any type of plane you want and
either build it or have a factory build it for you. Here are some
photos of the various aircraft available for purchase:
http://www.sportpilot411.com

But, doesn't it sound too good to be true? I mean, is it safe to only
train for under 20 hours?

Old April 23rd 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote

Has anyone heard of the new Sport Pilot program?

Duh? New? only if you consider two years old to be new.

Perhaps when you join a group, you should read through some of the last
month or two's posts, or even, *gasp* Google for the key word in your
subject, to see what has been written on the subject.

In other words, yes, everyone here is well aware of it, and much has been
discussed about it. To be polite, you should attempt to catch up on some of
the material in a group, so you can have meaningful discussions, before you
begin posting.

It also helps you to not appear to be quite so ignorant.

Now, run along, and use google. Report back when you have read at least 200
posts on the subject.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 23rd 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Morgans" wrote in message news:I%C2g.20

Has anyone heard of the new Sport Pilot program?

Duh? New? only if you consider two years old to be new.

Jim...... don't feed the troll. he's clearly trying to sell airplanes.

Old April 23rd 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"John Gaquin" wrote

Jim...... don't feed the troll. he's clearly trying to sell airplanes.

Oh, so that was his gig? (Sorry Gig! g) I didn't go to any of his links.

I had him mis-labeled, then. I put him down as ignorant, and it turns out
that he was a greasy spammer. Humm. Toss-up?
--
Jim in NC

Old April 23rd 06, 10:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
ups.com...
snip

I'll have spam and eggs, please...

Old April 23rd 06, 11:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Now, run along, and use google. Report back when you have read at least 200
posts on the subject.

Usenet forums are full of grumpy people. Don't worry about it
(speaking here to the OP). Come back here any time! At least you write
good sentences, which is more than can be said for many.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email: usenet AT danford DOT net

Warbird's Forum: www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
In Search of Lost Time: www.readingproust.com
Old April 23rd 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Morgans" wrote in message

wrote

Has anyone heard of the new Sport Pilot program?

Duh? New? only if you consider two years old to be new.

He's somewhat behind the curve.

Old April 23rd 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
ups.com...
3.) Purchase new, more affordable, ready-to-fly aircraft.

I haven't seen any new, affordable, ready-to-fly aircraft yet.
Unfortunately, I don't think that it is going to happen.

Vaughn