Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

Old January 3rd 20, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

I know two guys bought Ventii and couldn't get rid of them fast enough. Having gone through both types on inspection I would definitely go Schleicher.

Old January 3rd 20, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, 2 January 2020 21:18:47 UTC, wrote:
I know two guys bought Ventii and couldn't get rid of them fast enough. Having gone through both types on inspection I would definitely go Schleicher.

Well, if we're collecting old anecdotes, I've been at an international contest where 3 of the 4 ASW27's were for sale at the end, with two of those decisions made while there.

Hard to believe that now, but it took a while for the 27 to become popular.

I'm another who doesn't understand your inspection comment.
Old January 3rd 20, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

Wow, pretty generic statement. With no indications of why the Ventus were sold, what version, what issues if any were encountered or any other facts. Same for the inspection statement.

Are you generalizing, basically saying your a Chevy guy and "Fords suck"?
Old January 3rd 20, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Old January 3rd 20, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

On Friday, January 3, 2020 at 10:39:20 AM UTC-6, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Thursday, January 2, 2020 at 1:18:47 PM UTC-8, wrote:
I know two guys bought Ventii and couldn't get rid of them fast enough. Having gone through both types on inspection I would definitely go Schleicher.

I have owned both AS and SH. Both manufacturers have been producing commercially viable gliders since the dawn of commercial glider design and serial manufacturing. The companies have different design approaches. I respectfully submit that "two guys that bought Ventii" is not a statistically valid sample for much but further inquiry. Your statement conveyed no information other than research might not be your strong suit.

Having owned and flown both Ventus 2C and ASG-29 both are well worth considering.

Best regards,
Jon

Not that it matters for the subject of the discussion, but before it petrifies in our usage:

Ventus - plural: Venti (and not Ventii):
http://latindictionary.wikidot.com/noun:ventus
Old January 4th 20, 08:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hypotheticals aside, because you'll never find one of each that is in the same condition with the same instruments and the same trailer.

Therefore, the nicer one is the one with less wear and tear on the interior and exterior. Total Time doesn't matter. It's how it's been taking care of.

The better one is the one with newer instruments and the nicer trailer.

And the best one is the one that comes up for sale that you can afford.

2 real cents from looking at a lot of gliders until finally buying one.
Old January 6th 20, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

They were 16.6m as I recall, and not 2's, perhaps not a fair comment on my part. Many years ago. I just didn't feel they were especially well-designed or put together, nothing to do with performance but with fit-and-finish...

FS ASW27B HL Falbaum Soaring 3 December 20th 06 10:51 PM
Flying is so much nicer with avgas under $3 (USD) Ron Lee Piloting 20 November 27th 06 03:16 PM
ASW27B Ray Gimmey Soaring 1 November 4th 06 02:41 AM
ASW27B for Sale Sam Fly Soaring 0 September 13th 04 12:51 AM
FA EBAY: Evans Volksplane VP1 ( You won't find a nicer VP1) JR Home Built 7 June 16th 04 10:25 PM