Mustang Collision Oshkosh

Old August 3rd 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Newps

Default Mustang Collision Oshkosh

His airplane was an experimental. Not that that matters any.

http://www.airventure.org/2006/thurjuly27/51.html

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Not knowing exactly what was done to either airplane prior to the
accident I would not attempt to comment on this, but my gut feeling is
no. The factors you have stated would appear to me not to have been
relevant.

Old August 3rd 07, 11:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,or.politics
Mike Williamson

Gattman wrote:

Question: If they were active military aircraft they would more likely have
same powerplants, same construction, same mechanics and maintenance policies
and all the things that would make them behave similarly at identical pitch
and power settings. Is this correct?

If so, is it possible that since the two aircraft were manufactured and
maintained separately, there could have been subtle performance variations
that made it more possible for the rear plane to overtake the other when the
approach configuration is the same? There's a pretty big difference
between a scratch-built A model and a D (that's already crashed once) is
there not?

Even if they were both factory built, and maintained by the same
organization, there is a very large difference between an A and a D.
The entire powerplant is different, and there is a significant
weight difference, so their landing performance would vary
significantly.

Mike W.
Old August 4th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Blueskies

"Newps" wrote in message . ..
His airplane was an experimental. Not that that matters any.

http://www.airventure.org/2006/thurjuly27/51.html

All the warbirds are 'experimental', most are exhibition, not amateur built...

Old August 4th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military

On Aug 3, 4:52?pm, "Blueskies" wrote:
"Newps" wrote in messagenews:gO2dnR1x4JsTPS_bnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d@bresn an.com...
His airplane was an experimental. Not that that matters any.

http://www.airventure.org/2006/thurjuly27/51.html

All the warbirds are 'experimental', most are exhibition, not amateur built...

The A model Mustang was a homebuilt aircraft, there were a few mustang
bits, but the majority was built by Gary Beck, and was registared as a
amateur built aircraft. The Ultimate homebuilt.

Old August 4th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,or.politics
Danny Deger

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

snip
I am in contact with flight safety people in the P51 community as we speak
who are actively engaged as we speak in aiding the investigation.
Naturally the NTSB will have the final answers to the many questions being
tossed around by us here. May I respectfully suggest that because this
accident is so recent, and that as a result of this, there are families
and friends in the P51 community whose lives have been terribly affected
by this tragedy; that all of take a step back and let the NTSB do it's job
and let this thread go.
Please understand as I tried to say before, that I'm not blaming anyone. I
have posted on this subject with the rest of you.
Asking for this in the name of the P51 community at large, and thanking
those of you who understand and will attempt to comply.
Thanks gang.
Dudley Henriques

I would be glad to.

Danny Deger

Old August 4th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Dale[_3_]

In article ,
"Blueskies" wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..
His airplane was an experimental. Not that that matters any.

http://www.airventure.org/2006/thurjuly27/51.html

All the warbirds are 'experimental', most are exhibition, not amateur
built...

Not all of them, some are "Limited" category.
Old August 4th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Morgans[_2_]

The A model Mustang was a homebuilt aircraft, there were a few mustang
bits, but the majority was built by Gary Beck, and was registared as a
amateur built aircraft. The Ultimate homebuilt.

Yes. ???

I don't understand your "yes" in this response.

What was it that you were saying, for us slow to catch on?
--
Jim in NC

Old August 4th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Morgans[_2_]

"Dale" wrote

Not all of them, some are "Limited" category.

I have forgotten what the limited category gets you. Is that for racing?
--
Jim in NC

Old August 4th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Blueskies

"Dale" wrote in message ...
In article ,
"Blueskies" wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..
His airplane was an experimental. Not that that matters any.

http://www.airventure.org/2006/thurjuly27/51.html

All the warbirds are 'experimental', most are exhibition, not amateur
built...

Not all of them, some are "Limited" category.

Oh, that's right...Racers, firefighters, crop dusters, other special use...I was only thinking about the ones at the
shows...