Split Finger Tips

Old December 26th 12, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Split Finger Tips

Last week, after complaining about split finger tips, two of the guys at the
airport recommended, and swore by, a product called "Working Hands". They
told me I could get it at the hardware store so I stopped by the store on
the way home and got a can. It comes in a round, green plastic can like a
shoe polish can. The directions said to use a small amount at night. I use
it in the morning, also. It's odorless and non-greasy, is quickly absorbed
into the skin and it works! In just a week of using it, my hands are healed
and the skin is getting soft.

I'm not associated with this product and only make this testimonial to help
any of my RAS friends who suffer split finger tips.

Old December 26th 12, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jack gilbert

On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:16:11 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Last week, after complaining about split finger tips, two of the guys at the

airport recommended, and swore by, a product called "Working Hands". They

told me I could get it at the hardware store so I stopped by the store on

the way home and got a can. It comes in a round, green plastic can like a

shoe polish can. The directions said to use a small amount at night. I use

it in the morning, also. It's odorless and non-greasy, is quickly absorbed

into the skin and it works! In just a week of using it, my hands are healed

and the skin is getting soft.

I'm not associated with this product and only make this testimonial to help

any of my RAS friends who suffer split finger tips.

Lowe's sells it here in Webster, NY. Works Great!

Old December 27th 12, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
akiley

Here in Michigan I get bad cracks and splits on my fingertips in the winter.. My INSTANT solution is Nexcare First Aid Tape. It's much cheaper at Meijer department store. (a Michigan only chain??) It's almost double price at CVS. (6 bucks or so)

I cut this tape in narrow strips about 1/4 inch by 2 or 2.5 inches long and stretch it over the split. When I then use your fingers I don't get the pain from pressure opening the split more as the tape holds it together. This waterproof elastic tape has a way of moisturizing the split when left on overnight. Nicely healed in the AM. I hate greasing my hands up with stuff and so far haven't had much luck even with a prescription product called Ammonium Lactate.

But I'll try that Lowes stuff at night. ... Aaron
Old December 27th 12, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig R.

In my old commercial salmon fishing days when we were cleaning fish, chunking bait, handling wire, hooks, etc with our hands in and out of salt water all day long, our hands took a pounding. We found that slathering on Corn Huskers lotion and putting on rubber gloves before we went to bed was about the only way to take care of the problem. Rinse, repeat each night as needed.
Old December 27th 12, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

The tape idea sounds good, too. I used to use super glue to close the
splits and it worked well, but the Working Hands allowed all the splits to
heal. Also, it's not greasy.

Old December 27th 12, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig R.

On Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:05:44 AM UTC-8, Craig R. wrote:
In my old commercial salmon fishing days when we were cleaning fish, chunking bait, handling wire, hooks, etc with our hands in and out of salt water all day long, our hands took a pounding. We found that slathering on Corn Huskers lotion and putting on rubber gloves before we went to bed was about the only way to take care of the problem. Rinse, repeat each night as needed.

Whoops, forgot the first step. Apply Nitrotan prior to the lotion.

Craig