Jay - You guys under water?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 16th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

Default Jay - You guys under water?

On Jun 16, 9:12 am, rotor&wing rotorampwing.
wrote:[color=blue][i]
Ken S. Tucker;639930 Wrote:

On Jun 13, 8:10 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
....-

Incredible, worst in 500 years the news says, comparable
to Katrina/New Orleans in damage, and from what I can
tell, worse yet to come...hot summer heat, mosquitos,
fungus after the water receeds.

Still, we've been very lucky. Hundreds of businesses and home are
under
water right now... See:http://tinyurl.com/5o823a-

Gee, notice the difference between this and Katrina? So far I haven't
seen Midwesterners on the news screaming and crying for government
assistance.

FEMA isn't there handing out $2000 visa debit cards. And why hasn't
someone blamed the President for this?

Country people in the Midwest states have (IMHO)
a tradition of self-reliance and team work.
I look about my own house and try to imagine 6' of
water in it...that's a lot of work/time/money to clean
up. I see the Fed as a big insurance company, that
Iowa has paid into for years, but now is the time for
the benefit of those premiums to show-up.
Ken