Skymaster MEL

Old April 23rd 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

Default Skymaster MEL

"john smith" wrote in message

No, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn recently.
It took me awhile to guess that the OP was using the abreviation MEL to
mean Multi Engine Licence.

I thought it meant Single Engine Land. I know mine is abbreviated PP-ASEL,
what would it be if I got a multi-rating?

Old April 23rd 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bush

Hi Both Bob Moore and jimp are correct here. You will earn an Airplane
Multi-Engine Rating Land, with a restriction to centerline thrust
until the limitation is waived upon demonstrated abilitly in a normal
twin engine airplane. The Fars are quite clear on this. As far as the
twins outapacing SEL performance, look back just ten years where
single engine IFR wasn't allowed under FAR Part 135. MY, how things
have changed! I just flew a partners TBM 850 from BOS-RSW, what a
nice airplane! 300 knots @FL300, less than four hours.

As far as the rating it depends upon who you are working for, and who
is picking up the rating. Years ago one company held enough
confidence in me to invest in both an ATP, and a MEL rating on my CFI
and I certainly took care of these folks for doing so.

Have a great one!

Bush

On 22 Apr 2007 09:57:10 -0700, wrote:

Posibly a dumb question and one that has been answered before. I did a
quick search and did not find the answer.
If you did all your twin training in a Skymaster and received you MEL
would you be limited to inline thrust twins or is a "normal" MEL? If
it is inline thrust only how are would it be to change to all twins.
Reason I am asking is I may have a chance to do some training in a
Skymaster and I am wondering if it is worth it to get my MEL.

Old April 23rd 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Yes I meant Multi Engine Land, sorry if I confused people.
Thanks for the answer. I still might do it if I can do the Skymaster
cheap.

Old April 23rd 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 22, 3:16 pm, "BT" wrote:
you would have a centerline thrust restriction on your Multi Engine rating.
BT

wrote in message

oups.com...

Posibly a dumb question and one that has been answered before. I did a
quick search and did not find the answer.
If you did all your twin training in a Skymaster and received you MEL
would you be limited to inline thrust twins or is a "normal" MEL? If
it is inline thrust only how are would it be to change to all twins.
Reason I am asking is I may have a chance to do some training in a
Skymaster and I am wondering if it is worth it to get my MEL.- Hide quoted text -

I once heard that F-18 pilots who go for their civilian ticket on the
basis of military receive the same limitation because the thrust lines
are so close. Not sure if anyone could confirm/deny that or not.

-robert

Old April 23rd 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article .com,
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

On Apr 22, 3:16 pm, "BT" wrote:
you would have a centerline thrust restriction on your Multi Engine rating.
BT

wrote in message

oups.com...

Posibly a dumb question and one that has been answered before. I did a
quick search and did not find the answer.
If you did all your twin training in a Skymaster and received you MEL
would you be limited to inline thrust twins or is a "normal" MEL? If
it is inline thrust only how are would it be to change to all twins.
Reason I am asking is I may have a chance to do some training in a
Skymaster and I am wondering if it is worth it to get my MEL.- Hide
quoted text -

I once heard that F-18 pilots who go for their civilian ticket on the
basis of military receive the same limitation because the thrust lines
are so close. Not sure if anyone could confirm/deny that or not.

-robert

When my nephew graduated from AF UPT, his rating was "Multi-Engine,
Land, Centerline Thrust Only." He actually had to go for a SEL checkride
before he could legally take his siblings & cousins for a ride in a
Cherokee.

Old April 24th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

true.. same for F-15 and T-38

showing a valid (current) military check ride in something like a B-52 or
KC-135, C-17, C141
will remove the restriction
BT

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 22, 3:16 pm, "BT" wrote:
you would have a centerline thrust restriction on your Multi Engine
rating.
BT

oups.com...

Old April 24th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

I don't mean to be picky, but would one engine out exercises performed
in a B-52 be as interesting as performed in say, a civilian light twin?

:-)

--Sylvain

Skymaster-type kits? Home Built 7 January 24th 04 12:23 AM
Pressurized Skymaster Owning 2 August 31st 03 04:08 PM