Garmin GNS-530 for sale - Honest !

Old July 13th 04, 03:36 AM
Dan Karshin

Default Garmin GNS-530 for sale - Honest !

I had a 530 for sale back in May 2004 that I instructed interested
buyers to contact me via email for pics and details and now see that
followup messages were left on that peticular message. Well it sold
for $9500 on an ebay auction and I just now looked at the old message
for the 1st time since I left it back in May. ( So if your interested
in the one I'm selling currently--Email me!!)
Well, I have another 530 for sale now. Serial number 78407475 and
asking $8650 for it. It is factory repaired /recertified 8130'd by
Garmin June 2004. They put a new faceplate and knobs on the unit and
brought it up to snuff on all bulletins, updates and mods. The
Jeppessen data card will be included, but will need to be updated.
Also included are 4 new user manuals, flight manual supplement
paperwork, used good condition mounting tray, used good condition rear
tray adapter w/ the 4 coax connectors and a plastic faceplate
protector. I don't have a connector kit or antenna to include with
this sale.
I hate to put it on ebay due to all the scamming that's going on,
but will have to do just that if not sold by this friday nite.
It will require full payment via wire or cashiers check before it
leaves my sight. Email for pics or questions by friday or look for
"dkair" sat nite on ebay motors/avionics. Dan
Old July 14th 04, 03:39 AM
Dave

I'm sure you're honorable, but you might consider also accepting an
escrow service. It's hard for someone to part with $8650 cash to an
individual on the internet. At least with EBay, there's some recourse
and we can see your feedback ratings from former sales/purchases.

Old July 18th 04, 02:58 PM
Dan Karshin

Well, it's on ebay now as of Friday july 16th, for a 7 day auction.
Had to up the cost a little to cover the ebay expense, but has 1
bidder as of sunday. I'm still trying to verify who that bidder is, as
he or she has no feedback rating. I've emailed for their contact
information and had to revise the item description to request
verification by all bidders. Trying to make sure you don't get messed
upon on ebay can be very tricky also!
I didn't allow paypal as I would have had to drive up the price of
the auction, plus I'm not sure paypal would even allow this high a
dollar item to be routed thru my account--they have a bunch of account
rules which keep changing and hard to keep up with what they want
next. I did setup Bidpay as an alternative for credit card buyers,
which ebay denounces naturally.(ebay owns paypal). I've never had any
problems with Bidpay, but have had several problems with Paypal and
ebays buyer protection. If you ever have a problem with a paypal
credit card transaction--go straight to your card holder for a bill
back to paypal. If you try to complain to paypal, plan on at least a 2
month wait and be probably right back where you started from by the
time they decide they can't help you. Going straight to your card
holder sticks paypal, whether they can recover the funds or not!
It's on ebay motors/aviation/avionics with dkair as the seller! If
anyone notes something I should be doing in a better or safer
fashion--Please email me.. /
I still think it would have been easier, more cost saving to the
buyer and less complicated to have accomplished this sell without
using ebay. I could have guided anyone to my ebay feedback rating to
check on me and emailed all the pics of the unit to prospective
buyers. Also could have supplied numerous references and my Federal
ID.. Not sure how more honest a transaction could get? Dan
Old July 19th 04, 12:20 AM
Stu Gotts

For the price of the 530 (or even the 430), I'd take a flight, even
commercial, pick it up and pay cash. Trusting ANYONE with that kind
of deal is scary. You're correct about Ebay/Paypal being as crooked
as the current administration. Certainly a shame that they just can't
seem to make enough money on the little people, isn't it. Always need
to change it creep the price up. On the buyer's side, they can pay a
bit more money to Paypal and have the item guaranteed. But if it's
like anything else having to do with Ebay, you need to jump through
flaming hoops, then prove your dick is on fire to collect on the
claim.