Flight Star or Destination Direct

Old August 27th 03, 01:10 AM
Scubadooo

Default Flight Star or Destination Direct

Does anyone have an opinion on these two products?
I am debating between Flight Star and Destination Direct.
They are both desktop flight planning software that seem to have their
individual benefits.
Price is not the issue here, only user friendliness and graphics.

David
ORL/MCO

Old August 27th 03, 03:51 AM
Byron Miller

What are you looking to get out of flight planning besides friendliness and
graphics? You looking for IFR/VFR? Flight plan filling? Why not just use
one of the online systems either from the free (well government funded ones)
to the pay ones?

-byron

Old August 27th 03, 07:21 AM
Flynn

I've been using FlightStar for the past year plus. Have tried Aeroplanner
which I make most use of when away from home. I find FlightStar terrific
for planning both VFR and IFR flights. Easy, lots of useful features, print
out the reports and go.

Old August 27th 03, 01:20 PM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:10:03 +0000, Scubadooo wrote:

Does anyone have an opinion on these two products?
I am debating between Flight Star and Destination Direct.

Flightstar hands down. Best weather graphics out there in a supported
program.

Old August 27th 03, 04:57 PM
JerryK

I like FlightStar. I have a subscription so I get program and database
updates ever 30 days or so.

Old August 28th 03, 04:59 PM
Mike Rapoport

I am happy with Flightstar and understand that it will be integrated with
Jeppview and Flightdeck next year.

Mike
MU-2

Old August 29th 03, 02:12 PM
Kai Glaesner

I am happy with Flightstar and understand that it will be integrated with
Jeppview and Flightdeck next year.

What does that mean? Doc you have a source or a link for that?