Papco #600 -- Roto-Master Flaring Tool

Old October 27th 03, 05:35 PM
Michael Burton

Default Papco #600 -- Roto-Master Flaring Tool

Hi, I usually don't post in this group but thought someone might be
interested in this flaring tool. I was keeping it for eventual use on my
own homebuilt someday, but I have decided to go ahead and sell it to
someone that can actually get some use out if it.
It is a Papco #600 -- Roto-Master Flaring Tool and tool is designed
to "Double-Lap" flare mild aluminum and copper tubing or to "Single Lap"
flare all grades of Aircraft tubing including Stainless Steel."
It is in New condition & is originally from the old WWII B-29
Bomber base in Pyote Texas named "Rattlesnake Field". This tool is
designed to be clamped in a vise to secure it while the operator uses
the hand screws to produce the flares and still has cosmoline (Visible
in the photos on the website) on it for rust protection. I have tried it
out to see if it works and it produces fantastic double and single
flares.
The tubing die sizes are 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2",
5/8", & 3/4". This tool weighs approximately 10 pounds and is of very
sturdy construction and comes with its own purpose built storage box. As
you can see from the photos below, there are a few small cosmetic
defects but they do not affect the operation of the tool in any way.

I have more information and photos of it on my website at if you are
interested:
http://www.tbird-hardwoods.com/papco.htm

Thanks a lot,
--