ILS 16R at KRNO

Old December 19th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Default ILS 16R at KRNO

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"gwengler" wrote in message
Isn't that interesting. On both Jepp approach plate and low enrout
chart, PYRAM is identified as HZN 286R and FMG 332R. I measured it
with FliteStar and it's indeed 303T from HZN, which is correct
(Station Declination: 17.0°E). LIGBE is defined as by the IRNO /
RW16R Localizer at KRNO at 27.4 NM by Jeppesen, but it's also FMG
332R.

JO 7350.7B Location Identifiers shows PYRAM to be the intersection of the
HZN 286 and FMG 332 radials as well as the FMG 332R 22 DME fix. The low
altitude enroute chart is in error, I've sent a message to NACO about it.

That's odd. I've only got paper Jepps, but the online NACO chart at
aeroplanner shows PYRAM with the 286degree arrow pointing at it.
Old December 19th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:46:11 -0500, Ron Natalie wrote:

That's odd. I've only got paper Jepps, but the online NACO chart at
aeroplanner shows PYRAM with the 286degree arrow pointing at it.

The NACO L-9 chart dtd 25 OCT 2007 shows that arrow clearly pointing to
LIBGE.

Maybe aeroplanner corrected it? Or are melding the Hi and Lo charts?
Old December 19th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

That's odd. I've only got paper Jepps, but the online NACO chart at
aeroplanner shows PYRAM with the 286degree arrow pointing at it.

The online L-9 at SkyVector, which is a digital image of the paper NACO L-9,
shows LIBGE with the HZN 286R arrow pointing to it.

Old December 20th 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

On Dec 19, 8:19 am, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:46:11 -0500, Ron Natalie wrote:

That's odd. I've only got paper Jepps, but the online NACO chart at
aeroplanner shows PYRAM with the 286degree arrow pointing at it.

The NACO L-9 chart dtd 25 OCT 2007 shows that arrow clearly pointing to
LIBGE.

Maybe aeroplanner corrected it? Or are melding the Hi and Lo charts?

Here's the response I received from NACO:

"Thanks for your comments. You were absolutely correct that the HZN
286R should point to PYRAM , not LIBGE. The radial line got misplaced
during the recompilation process when we were automating the new 36
charts for the 10/25/07 cycle. Unfortunately, since the 12/20/07
charts have been printed, it will be corrected on the 2/14/08 chart.
Thanks again."

Old December 20th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 03:44:20 -0800 (PST), "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

On Dec 19, 8:19 am, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:46:11 -0500, Ron Natalie wrote:

That's odd. I've only got paper Jepps, but the online NACO chart at
aeroplanner shows PYRAM with the 286degree arrow pointing at it.

The NACO L-9 chart dtd 25 OCT 2007 shows that arrow clearly pointing to
LIBGE.

Maybe aeroplanner corrected it? Or are melding the Hi and Lo charts?

Here's the response I received from NACO:

"Thanks for your comments. You were absolutely correct that the HZN
286R should point to PYRAM , not LIBGE. The radial line got misplaced
during the recompilation process when we were automating the new 36
charts for the 10/25/07 cycle. Unfortunately, since the 12/20/07
charts have been printed, it will be corrected on the 2/14/08 chart.
Thanks again."

Thank you for getting that corrected.