Read 'em & Weep -- Rec. Aviation Rogues Gallery is Coming Down

Old September 4th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default Read 'em & Weep -- Rec. Aviation Rogues Gallery is Coming Down

On Sep 4, 3:14*pm, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in .com...

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

There once was a time, not long ago, when this group was filled with
hundreds of positive, upbeat, and interesting pilots and aviation
enthusiasts.

* *Bye jay.

* *Take your self-promotion, your Rogues Gallery, your politics, and especially
your illusions of special entitlement along with you, and don't let the rap door
hit you in the ass as you leave.

Vaughn

I'd say Jay's postings were in general more interesting and useful
than many of the others here. The digital last-word tantrums some
common (in every sense of the word) posters engage in are much worse.
If it's maxi or his aliases, you can count on it being stupid. Bertie
is a mixed bag -- his postings average to mediocre (old joke -- "she
said I was average, but she was just being mean") which I think is
his goal. Bertie's contributions are hardly in a normal distribution
-- really bipolar. Makes me think he might be, too.

Old September 4th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Bye jay.

Take your self-promotion, your Rogues Gallery, your politics, and
especially your illusions of special entitlement along with you, and don't
let the rap door hit you in the ass as you leave.

Vaughn

Sorry you see things that way, Vaughn. I guess if you're happy with the
direction things have turned here, the new rec.aviation.piloting is for you.

I'll still check in, from time to time, in hopes that the kids who don't
play well with others have moved on to other playgrounds. These things tend
to be cyclical, and I suspect they'll move on, once they've grown tired of
scratching their own litterbox...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 4th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tman

a wrote:

his goal. Bertie's contributions are hardly in a normal distribution
-- really bipolar. Makes me think he might be, too.

[[ bimodal ]]
Old September 5th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

a wrote in
:

On Sep 4, 3:14*pm, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in
messagenews:g9oucu$81p$4@blackh

elicopter.databasix.com...

[...]

Only as bipolar as I want to be!

Bertie
Old September 5th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Tman x@x wrote in :

a wrote:

his goal. Bertie's contributions are hardly in a normal distribution
-- really bipolar. Makes me think he might be, too.

[[ bimodal ]]

Bicyle

Bertie
Old September 5th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Bye jay.

Take your self-promotion, your Rogues Gallery, your politics, and
especially your illusions of special entitlement along with you, and
don't let the rap door hit you in the ass as you leave.

Vaughn

Sorry you see things that way, Vaughn. I guess if you're happy with
the direction things have turned here, the new rec.aviation.piloting
is for you.

I'll still check in, from time to time, in hopes that the kids who
don't play well with others have moved on to other playgrounds.

I thought you had already left for a different plaground...

Bertie
Old September 5th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:mmWvk.273109
$TT4.38675@attbi_s22:

What's next?
An announcement that you're going to register "Democrat".

Ha! Of all the things you have to worry about, that's pretty low on the
list...

You have way too high opinion of yourself to think anyone actually worries
about you.

Bertie
Old September 5th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lonnie[_3_]

"a" wrote in message

I'd say Jay's postings were in general more interesting and useful
than many of the others here. The digital last-word tantrums some
common (in every sense of the word) posters engage in are much worse.
If it's maxi or his aliases, you can count on it being stupid. Bertie
is a mixed bag -- his postings average to mediocre (old joke -- "she
said I was average, but she was just being mean") which I think is
his goal. Bertie's contributions are hardly in a normal distribution
-- really bipolar. Makes me think he might be, too.

--------------------------------------

No, Bertie intends to moderate the newsgroup.

When someone has the balls to disagree with him, he intends to hound them
endlessly until the leave. That's what he is doing with Jay and I, and has
done in the past to Mx, Ken, LeChaud and others. And until the majority of
this group can get a grip on that, and grow the balls to deal with it, it
will continue.

Without Bertie, all the other trouble makers except Mx, are out of a job.
And compared to that damage Bertie has done, Mx is a piece of cake.

Old September 5th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote in :

"a" wrote in message
..
.

I'd say Jay's postings were in general more interesting and useful
than many of the others here.

Well, even the guy who tries to sell Bvlgaria wathces is more on topic than
you are, maxine.

Bertie

Old September 5th 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
f-newguy

"nobody" wrote in message
It is therefore with great sadness that I've decided to pull the gallery
down. Look at it, copy/save your pictures if you'd like, enjoy it while
you
can -- but Friday it's going away. There's simply no reason for it to
exist anymore.

Hmmmm. There's simply no reason to keep it up, so instead of doing
nothing, you're
going through the effort of removing it.

Methinks there's more going on here than meets the eye.

Isn't it obvious? Mr. Spam-o-Rama is fishing for suck buddies to tell him
what a great guy he is and beg him to keep his "gallery" spam site.

Not producing much for him, is it? Except for people telling him to FOAD,
that is.