Too Old?

Old September 2nd 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Too Old?

On Aug 31, 9:53*pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:

Perhaps its my 2 year old son?

?????? Adopted?

Ricky

Old September 2nd 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ol Shy & Bashful

On Sep 1, 7:52*pm, Ricky wrote:
On Aug 31, 9:53*pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:

Perhaps its my 2 year old son?

?????? Adopted?

Ricky

Nope. I guess 40 years of crop dusting didn't affect me adversly
either! gg
Old September 2nd 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Sep 2, 2:32*pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
On Sep 1, 7:52*pm, Ricky wrote:

On Aug 31, 9:53*pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:

Perhaps its my 2 year old son?

?????? Adopted?

Ricky

Nope. I guess 40 years of crop dusting didn't affect me adversly
either! gg

Have a look at a mate of mine :-)

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411415/894297
Old September 2nd 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Gezellig" wrote in message

Too old? If so, at what age do you place the cutoff?

120

Old September 3rd 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Chris J

Had to jump in on this one too. I have a good friend at my airport, Jon
Weiss, who is currently 89 depending on which day you ask him. He retired
from American when the new on the 707's hadn't worn off yet! He has a pace
maker and still has a medical, is a CFI (still does BFR's and tailwheel
checkouts), and an IA. He's at the airport every day or so and still flies
at least every couple of weeks. Just finished restoring a Fairchild 22 he's
owned since the early 50's. Got bored after that and bought a cub that
needed some TLC. He has a Super Cub, Fairchild 22, J-3, and a Beech Travel
Air. I fly with him occasionally and he's still got it. Last year while
flying a Champ for a friend of ours who wasn't tailwheel current, the engine
locked up between airports. He put it in a pretty short field without a
scratch. I'd fly with him anywhere, any time.
Hell I'm 35 and would be happy to have his energy and enthusiasm most days!
He isn't gonna win a marathon, but he still drives, flies, and works on his
own airplanes, and all competently as I see it. I could drop dead just as
easily as he could. If you're still able in mind and body, and doing it on
a personal, not for hire basis, I say keep em flying!
And a few months ago, he renewed the lease on his hangar. He said he didn't
want to take any chances, so he signed a 25 year lease!! Hell, he may make
it!
CJ

Old September 3rd 08, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Chris J" wrote in message
[...]

Basically, he has a life; the and the safety-nuts and banners-of-everything
don't.

Peter

Old September 3rd 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 00:23:04 -0500, Chris J wrote:

If you're still able in mind and body, and doing it on
a personal, not for hire basis, I say keep em flying!

Amen to that.

And a few months ago, he renewed the lease on his hangar. He said he didn't
want to take any chances, so he signed a 25 year lease!! Hell, he may make
it!
CJ

Hope his estate can move the lease. lol
Old October 4th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Spera

Gezellig wrote:

Recently a 72 yo went blind in flight (stroke?) and safely landed in the
drink in FL. Several comments were that age should be considered in
keeping your PPL. I can see this makes sense /but/ it would prolly be
illegal.

Too old? If so, at what age do you place the cutoff?

I place the cutoff at 5 years older than me....
Old October 4th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Wayne Paul

"Mike Spera" wrote in message
Gezellig wrote:

Recently a 72 yo went blind in flight (stroke?) and safely landed in the
drink in FL. Several comments were that age should be considered in
keeping your PPL. I can see this makes sense /but/ it would prolly be
illegal.

Too old? If so, at what age do you place the cutoff?

I place the cutoff at 5 years older than me....

I agree; therefore, the cut-off age becomes a "moving target."

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/