Our school just got one of these, but...

Old May 10th 10, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default Our school just got one of these, but...

I saw the Rockwell Commander sitting out there today and one
of our instructors was wiping off the wing. Come to find out it's
available but as my instructor pointed out, "Right now it would
just be a fun waste of your time and money. Everything would
seem like a blur to you and you won't remember what happened."

No, I'm not near ready for a Commander yet, but it's nice to
know it's there, like a goal to shoot for. (those leather seats
were so nice.)

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/ima...0/21/26994.jpg

---
Mark
Old May 11th 10, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
Mark wrote:

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/ima...0/21/26994.jpg

They look nice, but have a reputation for doggy performance!

Old May 12th 10, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_1_]

On May 10, 11:06*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,

*Mark wrote:
http://www.airplane-pictures.net/ima.../2008-10/21/26...

They look nice, but have a reputation for doggy performance!

--
Remove _'s *from email address to talk to me.

I recall two things . . . a lot of people liking the fact it had two
doors, but that the doors on the earlier versions did not seal well
and leaked.

The other thing was the seemingly remarkable width of the cabin
interior, but that translated to larger frontal area and lower
performance compared to other aircraft with similar horsepower.

I remember thinking when I first saw a picture of the panel "Hey, they
didnt use a shotgun to design the instrument layout" :-)

Take care all

John