saw the Lionheart yesterday....

Old December 19th 06, 02:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default saw the Lionheart yesterday....

I was at the Madison County Executive Airport yesterday (that's the Madison
County in Alabama, home to Marshall Space Flight Center) and I got to see
them start up and fly away in the Lionheart. I lived there when it was
built and I remember them flying around the airfield for hours getting
enough time logged to be allowed to fly to Oskosh for the airshow. It was
unpainted then. It's a beautiful yellow now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	2479
Old December 19th 06, 02:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Tom Callahan wrote:
I was at the Madison County Executive Airport yesterday (that's the Madison
County in Alabama, home to Marshall Space Flight Center) and I got to see
them start up and fly away in the Lionheart. I lived there when it was
built and I remember them flying around the airfield for hours getting
enough time logged to be allowed to fly to Oskosh for the airshow. It was
unpainted then. It's a beautiful yellow now.

Tom, what's the story on this aeroplane. It is -- in a word -- beautiful!

Cheers

Dave

Old December 19th 06, 02:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

"Tom Callahan" wrote in
:

Classy.

But what happened to its wheel pants?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beech 17 21.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	2481
Old December 19th 06, 02:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

"Tom Callahan" wrote in
:

Classy.

But what happened to its wheel pants?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beech 17 21.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	2482
Old December 19th 06, 02:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default Lionheart port side preflight

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032T.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	2483
Old December 19th 06, 02:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032T.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	2484
Old December 19th 06, 02:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default Lionheart engine, cowling and propeller

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0037.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	2485
Old December 19th 06, 02:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0037.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	2486
Old December 19th 06, 03:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default cranking the Lionheart

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version