Air Canada L-1011

Old December 21st 08, 02:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Laurie & Jacques

Default Air Canada L-1011

They will! Canada's defense policy is something like this: "If we are not
at war, let 'em keep using old stuff until it falls apart at the seams." If
you have served any amount of time in the CAF, a lot of people will tell you
the same thing... Been there and done that!

Then again, who am I to complain. they may have changed their minds
(Canadian Government, that is). It has been a long time since I wore the
uniform of Canadia. As a matter of fact, there is no SNOW where I now live.

Enjoy

Jacques

"Canuck" wrote in message
news

"Laurie & Jacques" wrote in message
You are right! $$ rules! Canada, I believe has only two to three
operational squadrons of CF-18s. Another for Training new pilots. the
rest are spar parts, or if you wish, spares. Just the same, they will be
buying new planes. They have to. No way getting around it.

Jacques

Isn't that stupid? We mothball our best aircraft and cut flying time and
training time. I hope they don't do the same thing with the F-35 once it
gets here.

Nick

-----------------
-----------------
Old December 21st 08, 04:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_3_] Canuck[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Laurie & Jacques" wrote in message
They will! Canada's defense policy is something like this: "If we are
not at war, let 'em keep using old stuff until it falls apart at the
seams." If you have served any amount of time in the CAF, a lot of people
will tell you the same thing... Been there and done that!

Then again, who am I to complain. they may have changed their minds
(Canadian Government, that is). It has been a long time since I wore the
uniform of Canadia. As a matter of fact, there is no SNOW where I now
live.

Enjoy

Jacques

Sad but true. Enjoy the sunshine you lucky dog! It is -38 C here this
morning.

Nick

Old December 22nd 08, 03:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_3_] Canuck[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Laurie & Jacques" wrote in message
-38? Winnipeg?

Yes!

Nick

Old December 22nd 08, 04:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Laurie & Jacques

Thought so . . .
Been there too!. But it is not the coldest place I have ever been . . .
Try La Ronge SK

Jacques

Old December 22nd 08, 04:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Breckenridge[_3_]

Laurie & Jacques wrote:
Thought so . . .
Been there too!. But it is not the coldest place I have ever been . . .
Try La Ronge SK

Jacques

See your Winnipeg and raise your La Ronge - when I worked in the
weather office I read the thermometer in Watson Lake, Yukon
minus 69.9 F
Old December 22nd 08, 01:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Jim Breckenridge" wrote in message
news
Laurie & Jacques wrote:
Thought so . . .
Been there too!. But it is not the coldest place I have ever been . . .
Try La Ronge SK

Jacques

See your Winnipeg and raise your La Ronge - when I worked in the weather
office I read the thermometer in Watson Lake, Yukon
minus 69.9 F

You had an office?! Luxury! Third Regiment, Royal Canadian Horse Artillery,
had a meteorological section (all "blue jobs") that deployed with the unit for
winter indoctrination and sovereignty exercises. They may not have recorded
anything that cold, even when they deployed to Coral Harbour, Northwest
Territories, but it's different when you have to sleep in a five-man arctic
tent on an air mattress in a two-piece sleeping bag with a flannelette liner
and a hood that covers everything but your nose. The air mattress was what
made it work. If it leaked, you were f***ed.

Here's Coral Harbour: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6whr2c. The regiment also
deployed to Resolute (http://preview.tinyurl.com/8nuef6) during winter, but
that was well before my time.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old December 22nd 08, 02:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Laurie & Jacques

I know exactly what you mean Andrew! My air mattress leaked at -29C . . .
Got a good cold out of it

Raise you that place in the Yukon to Thule AFB and then raise another at CFS
Alert . . . Summer and winter. Wasn't bad though . . . it was DRY!!!

heh heh heh

Jacques

Old December 22nd 08, 02:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Breckenridge[_3_]

Laurie & Jacques wrote:
I know exactly what you mean Andrew! My air mattress leaked at -29C . . .
Got a good cold out of it

Raise you that place in the Yukon to Thule AFB and then raise another at CFS
Alert . . . Summer and winter. Wasn't bad though . . . it was DRY!!!

heh heh heh

Jacques

Never got as far as Alert but I did spend 14 month and 8 days he

http://www.lswilson.ca/pinm67a.jpg

No tent - had a mostly warm regular bed.
Old December 22nd 08, 04:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_3_] Canuck[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Laurie & Jacques" wrote in message
Thought so . . .
Been there too!. But it is not the coldest place I have ever been . . .
Try La Ronge SK

Jacques

Yes...but it is a dry cold!

Nick

Canada One Maple1 Aviation Photos 2 August 22nd 07 04:10 PM
F4U Sun n Fun 070417 1011.JPG [email protected] Aviation Photos 0 April 21st 07 03:20 PM
GPS Use In Canada rps Instrument Flight Rules 1 March 29th 06 08:17 PM
Canada WX-BRIEF? Robert M. Gary Piloting 7 June 17th 04 07:47 AM
John Lear - a L-1011 Captain was on Art Bell last night Americas Patriot Piloting 25 November 26th 03 02:09 PM