HELP YOUTH AND GET SOMETHING BACK!!!

Old February 16th 05, 12:16 AM

Default HELP YOUTH AND GET SOMETHING BACK!!!

The newly founded US Junior Soaring Association is auctioning off an
autographed X Prize program from the launch of Spaceship One. Mike
Melvill autographed it specifically for the US juniors to do this as a
fundraiser. The money raised from this auction will be used to support
youth at contests and cross-country camps, along with general flight
training. Please visit the auction on eBay at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6512675149 and bid
with the fact in mind that you'll be helping junior pilots, while also
getting an interesting piece of aviation history for yourself.

Also please visit our website at www.juniorsoaring.us. If you're a
junior or even a senior pilot please join our organization. From this
you will receive quarterly newsletters on the progress of junior pilots
inside the US along with the possibility of scholarships from us. The
US team has decided to hand over the US Team Junior news to us and we
will be combining our newsletters in the near future.

Gavin Wills has informed us that they have raised over $50,000 in the
Lucy Wills fund to be used for scholarships. This will enable youth
glider pilots across the globe to travel to New Zealand and fly with
Gavin and Justin Wills at Omarama. The program will be structured on
the highly succesful program set up by George Lee, which has produced
somewhere around 5 world champions so far. This probably wont be
running until the 06/07 Summer(New Zealand summer that is) but keep an
eye out for any updates in our newsletter.

That's it for now, but watch our website and newsletter for all the
latest in junior news and most importantly watch out for the juniors on
the top of a scoresheet at a contest near you. ;-)